Saturday, October 17, 2015

HYCCT1501A ~gray skies~

 
Hello Blogger Friends!!! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Can you believe it's already mid-October? We are expecting our first frost of this fall season tonight. I cut a bunch of dahlia's from our garden before the frost kills them. They bloom profusely in fall and I will be sorry to see them go for another year. 
 
My hubby brought in most of our container plants and covered some others in the garden. They will have another 10-14 days before covering wont even help.
 
Now onto my card for today. I am participating once again this year in the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges over on Splitcoaststampers. Splitcoaststampers partners with the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center for the sixth annual month long card drive to benefit those affected by breast cancer.

There are special challenges in the Splitcoaststampers Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum to inspire you throughout the month, and they have some fun giveaways, including of course, some pink!
The campaign started with three challenges on October 1st, and there are challenges each day in October.

The goal is to send all of the cards that you make to the Cancer Center in Texas. This is my 5th year being a part of the campaign. The past 3 years I have completed all the challenges. That is my goal this year as well, but I am already behind. I was away in San Francisco for the start of it and then when I returned I had some other commitments. So I Have to get a move on it.

This card was made for the HYCCT1501A challenge. It was the first challenge posted. Lydia was the hostess and she wants us to make a card representing our lest favorite weather condition. I decided to make one with rain.

I don't like driving when it's raining especially when the rain ponds on the roadways. It makes for a somewhat hazardous drive. So that's the direction I took with my card.

For my card I used some new to me Memory Box dies to create a little rainstorm. The clouds and raindrops are cut from basic gray cardstock. The card background is smoky slate to give the appearance of an overcast day.

The umbrella is also a Memory Box die cut from Stampin'-Up "sweet taffy" designer paper. The sentiment is from the Stampin'-Up set "see ya later". I highlighted the "happy" word in melon mambo ink.

I added some hearts and a pink cloud to complete my card.  A Clean and Simple card and that is unusual for me but I like how it turned out.

Well, it's time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time.......God bless.

card details:
Stamps: See Ya Later 
Paper: smoky slate, basic gray, melon mambo, sweet taffy dsp (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 
Ink: melon mambo (Stampin'-Up), tuxedo black (Memento) 
Accessories: cloud bank, come rain or come shine dies (Memory Box), love you die (Impression Obsession)  

I Am Also Entering: 
1.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Jo's Scrap Shack has an anything goes.
4.  Crafting With An Attitude has an anything goes challenge.
5.  Julia Spiri has a die cuts and punches challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and elegant. Thank you for joining us at
    Stamps by Julia Spiri
    Hugggs Lori X x X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Mary! I love that sweet sentiment :)
    Thanks so much for joining us this week in our Funday Friday challenge at Jo's Scrap Shack! Have a wonderful day!!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card I especially love the colours on the umbrella. Thank you for joining in with the 'Anything Goes' challenge at Crafty Catz. Mia - GDT Member xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz for our Anything Goes challenge.

    Good luck.

    Tracey DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and great details :) Thanks for playing along at Creative Fingers! Hope you will join us again! And check back to see if you are one of our winners. Sorry about the late comment, migraines got in the way ♥ I got a huge blogcandy if you wanna join in! Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and love the sentiment---Thank you for joining us at Crafting With An Attitude
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails