Saturday, October 10, 2015

~Sending You Sunshine~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. I have just returned from my trip to San Francisco. Now I just have to get my body adjusted to East Coast time again.
 
I was there taking care of my granddaughter while her parents went away for a little r & r. We had a wonderful time together and that little ball of energy just wore me out. But we always make memories together that will be shared over and over again.
 
She loves to draw and color so I put together a box of stuff for her that included stamps, ink, stickers and cardstock. Cleaned out some of my stash for her and she loved it. I bought some kids washable ink for her. She stamped a few cards while we there. She even colored the images that she stamped. It will be a fun activity for her and my daughter-in-law.
 
Now onto my card for today. this one I made for the color challenge #550 on Splitcoaststampers. Vicki was our hostess and she chose marina mist, soft sky and daffodil delight for her color palette. Our option was to make a background sky.
 
 
soft sky, marina mist, daffodil delight
 
I made this as a card of encouragement. You never know when you need one and I don't have any on hand. Little did I know that I would be sending this to my bff as she was just diagnosed with breast cancer. That bit of shocking news came to me just yesterday.
 
I used this card from one of my Pinterest boards as inspiration to create my card. Love all the card ideas that are pinned there on the site.

My background is sponged with the MFT stencil sunray die. The sun and clouds are also dies from MFT.

My sunshine word is part of the sunshine frame die from Simon Says Stamp. I cut in soft sky and then slightly offset it with marina mist. The "sending you" sentiment is part of a stamp from Great Impressions.

Well that's my card for today. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: sending you love - E530 (Great Impressions Stamps) 
Paper: whisper white, daffodil delight, marina mist, polka dot parade dsp (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 
Ink: choc chip, daffodil delight
Accessories: blueprints 15, rectangle stax, clouds, sun dies, sunray stencil (MFT), hello sunshine frame (Simon Says Stamp) 

I am also entering: 
1.   Just Us Girls challenge is stencils.

 



 2Polkadoodles wants us to use a die-cut. 
3.   Simply Paper Craft has an anything goes.
4.   Crafting with an Attitude has an anything goes challenge.
5.   Crafty Girls Creations has an anything goes challenge.
 
 

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card! Words of encouragement are always appreciated. I love to make memories with my grandchildren too, and it's never too soon to introduce them to stamping. lol Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully layered card and your use of dies is perfect. Phoenix will love her box of fun I am sure. Thanks for joining in at JUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pinned your card, I thought it was a great idea to use some of my many cloud stamps and cut images. Sounds like you had a fun trip and it was a treat for your son and daughter in law as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stenciled sun rays using the soft colors from the SCS Color Challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bright cheery card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with An Attitude. Helen DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, sharing your passion with your granddaughter is priceless! What a great grandma you are! Love your card and that gorgeous ray of sunshine. But must say that the double layer sentiment sent this card over the top! Looks fabulous! So glad you joined us over at Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see more of your work in our gallery again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and a thoughtful card and love the uplifting sentiment-best wishes to your friend---Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful! I love that sun ray background with the sun and clouds. How lucky for you to share your talent with your granddaughter. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely encouraging card, makes me feel happy!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Girls Creations and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab CAS make. Thanks for joining us in our Use a die cut challenge at Polkadoodles
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A tua criação é muito linda, Mary. Belas cores e cheia de vida. Agradeço muito teres participado no PolkaDoodles esta semana. Espero ver-te novamente no concurso da próxima semana.
    Beijinhos, Asha (DT)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails