Thursday, October 29, 2015

HYCCT1511 ~heard you need a lift~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. It's been a busy start to the week.
 
Sunday, I attended my niece's bridal shower. It was so elegant and there was even a theme. They titled it "Brunch & Bubbly".
 
She is using a metallic theme for her invitations. I have seen a sample and they are really beautiful. The metallic theme was carried throughout the shower from the invitations to the table decorations as well as the other decorations around the venue. Her bridesmaids did a great job of putting this even on for Rachel.
 
Then at preschool this week we were preparing for our Student Art Gallery. Each class had quite a bit of the kid's art projects. Tonight was the showing and parents as well as grandparents came out to see the art projects. I was so impressed with our turnout. And the kids were so anxious to show off their work.
 
I am still working on my Hope You Can Cling To challenge cards. The challenges will be officially over on Saturday, October 31. Then we have until November 7 to get our cards uploaded. I was able to make 4 cards today. But I will need to keep that pace up for the next week. Hopefully I can do it. Wish me success!!!
 
Now onto my card for today. This was made for HYCCT1511.  Kim is our hostess and she wants us to create a card that features a mode of transportation. ANY transportation...cars, bicycles, trains....

Since I knew I would be using the CC553 challenge colors, I looked for my layout first. I am using the October week 3 Viva la Verve sketch. Then I looked for my designer paper. I chose this old olive striped paper from the Stampin'-Up "etcetera collection".



My bicycle image is a die from Cheery Lynn Designs cut in bermuda bay. My flags are dies from Verve and I cut in calypso coral.. I added some Stampin'-up candy dots in elegant eggplant and also stamped my sentiment in elegant eggplant. The sentiment is from the Waltzingmouse set "half pint heroines".

Completed my card by adding some die cut hearts to the wheels. Well, it's late and time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time......God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: half pint heroines (Waltzingmouse) 
Paper: Bermuda bay, calypso coral, old olive. etcetera dsp (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper Size: A2   Ink: elegant eggplant 
Accessories: bicycle die (Cheery Lynn Designs), hearts (MFT), pennant trim die (Verve), candy dots (Stampin'-Up)  

I am also entering
1.  Crafty Creations has a colorful challenge.
2.  Crafty Gals Corner has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Word Art Wednesdays has an anything goes challenge.
 

7 comments:

  1. I hope you keep up the pace. This card is lovely, the green and blue a great combo. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 207th AG challenge! Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Im sure that you will be able to get all the necessary cards done!! I love that bicycle die, it had made the cutest card! I love it :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, hello there Mary! I am absolutely smitten with your dear bicycle card. Its so fun and fresh, and absoltely wonderful! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and play along with us. I'm always delighted to make new friends, and I really hope that you will join us again soon. Have a wonderufl week!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable use for the bicycle die cut. Love that you use hearts in the middle of the spokes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Love the bicycle die and sentiment together. Brilliant.Thanks for playing along at Crafty Gals Corner Anything Goes Challenge. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! Love that big bicycle! Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails