Sunday, October 11, 2015

~Joy~

 
Happy Sunday Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Hope you are enjoying this Columbus Day holiday weekend. Especially if you have the day off work tomorrow!! And to all my Canadian friends, I hope your Thanksgiving Day celebration is a blessed one.
 
I spent the weekend getting caught up on household stuff. One of the biggie things I was dealing with is a lost I-Pad. When I was in San Francisco my hubby was at the Monro Muffler store here in our community getting an oil change.
 
He left his IPad there and when he went back to inquire, it was gone. No surprise there. He put in a police report and I put the IPad in lost mode. So if anyone tries to connect to the internet they will get a message that the IPad has been lost and it gives his cell phone number. We also had a passcode set-up on the IPad and the Apple support teams is saying that should keep anyone from being able to use it.
 
The police said they will visit the store and also check pawn shops. I don't know if we will get it back but I am hoping. It is still under warranty as he just got it last Christmas. I also think I will send a letter to Monro Corporate and let them know what happened.
 
So now onto my card for today. This one puts me in Christmas mode and out of lost I-Pad mode 9lol)!! The most wonderful time of the year.
 
I made it for the color challenge #545 on Splitcoaststampers. Karen was our hostess and she had a metallic gold and vanilla challenge.
 
I thought these colors were so elegant for a Christmas card. So that's what I did for my sample. It's has lots of layers-5 layers of cardstock and then the ribbons.

The camera just doesn't capture the shimmer and shine with this mirror gold cardstock. This was the best picture I could get.

My card is an A6 size. I used the Taylored Expressions quatrefoil cutting plate and cut it in the shimmery vanilla cardstock. Layered over the mirror gold cardstock.

The Joy word is from the Stampin'-Up wreath framelits die set. I cut in gold and 
vanilla and did a slight offset. The snowflake is from Impression Obsession and I added a few gold accents.

To complete my card I used some Stampin-Up cotton twill in vanilla and layered gold over that. Another Christmas card for my stash. I plan on making a few more in this style and these colors. I like how it turned out.
 
Well, my friends time to close this post. So until next time......God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: very vanilla, Recollections shimmery vanilla, mirror gold cardstock 
Paper Size: A6 
Accessories: Impression Obsession Snowflakes die, qautrefoil cutting plate (Taylored Expressions)wonderful wreath framelits dies, cotton twill ribbon (Stampin'-Up) Gold ribbon (May Arts) 
 
I am also entering: 
1.  Christmas Card Challenge #45 has an anything goes. 
2.  The Ribbon Girl has an any image anything goes challenge.  
3.  Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - has a fav combination or lots of layers challenge. I did both- my fav combination is using die cuts to create a card and I have 5 layers plus the ribbon layers.
4.  Crafty Ribbons has a Christmas Carols + ribbon. Joy to the world fits my card.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, that's a beautiful card Mary! The gold and white combo is awesome. have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the Ipad, hope you get it back~We were just talking about this at work this morning. Sure a lot of dishonest people today! You card is REALLY Gorgeous Mary! I love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your lost Ipad. I hope you get it back.
    Your card is gorgeous. Love the gold & vanilla. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails