Wednesday, October 21, 2015

HYCCT1502 ~eclectic collage~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog.
 
I mentioned the other day that we were forecasted to have a frost. Well we had it and it took out our zinnias and dahlias. I am so glad that I cut about 15 dahlias on Saturday and am now enjoying them inside. My hubby picked the remaining veggies- green peppers, beets and carrots. So its all over now until next year.
 
Today was my day at preschool. The kids had a lot of energy today. We have 8 boys in this class who like to wrestle and just be little boys. Today I got a chuckle from one of the little girls who told the boys to "knock it off". Her Dad says she likes to take charge.
 
We have a playground area and we take them out for about 20 minutes to play. It helps them to work out some energy especially with the boys.
 
I am always tired at the end of the day on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But, I just love being with the kids. Investing into their lives is a wonderful opportunity that I have been given.
 
Now onto my card for today. This is another one of my Hope You Can Cling To challenge cards. As well as my sample card for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers.
 
The color challenge #553 where Barbara is hostess has us using elegant eggplant, calypso coral, old olive and Bermuda bay. Our option was to add pearls or rhinestones.
 
elegant eggplant, calypso coral, old olive,



HYCCT1502 - Teresa wants us to create a freestyle collage.

I started my collage by sponging the background with Bermuda bay ink and a honeycomb stencil from Memory Box. I used the Stampin'-Up set "kinda eclectic" for my collage elements.

I added some May Arts mesh ribbon and coral floss for a little additional interest. The butterfly is cut with an Elizabeth Crafts die with eggplant designer paper and then the shadow is eggplant cardstock.

My sentiment is from the Stampin'-Up set "butterfly basics" and is stamped in elegant eggplant ink.

This card is not my usual style but I like how it turned out. And with that being said, it is time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time.....God bless.


card details:
Stamps: kinda eclectic, butterfly basics (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper: : Bermuda bay, calypso coral, elegant eggplant, eggplant dp 
Paper Size: A2 
Ink: Bermuda bay, old olive, calypso coral, elegant eggplant 
Accessories: : butterfly die (Elizabeth Crafts), May Arts mesh ribbon, DMC coral floss, pearls (Stampin'-Up), Spellbinders circle die 
Techniques: sponging, stencil
I am also entering:
1.  Creative Card Crew has a ribbon challenge.
2.  Crafting From The Heart has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Vintage Stamping Challenges wants us to use a die or dies.
 

3 comments:

  1. Really stunning. Beautiful colours and layout. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely combination of techniques, colours and themes, eclectic yes but visually pleasing I think... Thanks for joining us at Vintage Stamping challenges this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderfully creative piece of artwork Mary.

    Many thanks for joining us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails