Sunday, October 18, 2015

HYCCT1501C ~Hope~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. It's a cold, fall Sunday here in Pittsburgh. We had some frost overnight but the plants my husband wanted to save he covered and the container plants are in our garage.
 
Today was our 25th church anniversary. We had a potluck luncheon after service. There was so much food and most of it was really good. We have some great cooks at our church, I tell ya!
 
I made a pork loin with apple gravy. I cooked it in my crock pot. Had to get up at 4:30 to get it on but I was able to go back to sleep.
 
For this recipe I cut up 3 gala apples and 2 jars of pork gravy (I used Heinz brand). I chopped some sage, garlic, salt and pepper to use as a rub over the pork loin. When its cooked you take the apples and put them in a food processor along with the broth and serve as a gravy. It went over very well with everyone. I didn't have to bring any home because it was all eaten.
 
The afternoon we spent relaxing and I even took a nap. So here I am now on Sunday night watching football with the hubby and typing my blog post.
 
This is another card I made for the HYCCT challenges on Splitcoaststampers. Lori was the hostess for this one. She wants us to "split the difference" and make a full card front scene, split into two with a sentiment strip.
 
For my card layout, I used this older sketch from "Case This Sketch #144. I thought this layout was perfect for Lori's challenge as well.
 
 
 
My butterflies are punched with a MS butterfly punch in pretty in pink, primrose petals and raspberry ripple card stocks. I was going after an ombre look.

I die cut a ribbon tag from a Spellbinders die in raspberry ripple and stamped my sentiment. I used some raspberry ripple ribbon to extend the sentiment across the card.  This stamp set was given to me by a friend of mine without any packaging so I don't know who makes it.
That's my card for today. It's late and time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time.........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: unknown 
Paper: primrose petals, raspberry ripple, pretty in pink Paper Size: A2
Ink: raspberry ripple (Stampin'-Up) 
Accessories: MS butterfly punch, ribbon slider (Spellbinders), pierced rectangle stax (MFT), primrose petals ribbon (Stampin'-Up)  
I am also entering:
1.  613 Avenue Create is anything goes or create your own challenge.
2.  Eclectic Ellapu has a "for the cause" challenge.
3.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge.
4.  The Ribbon Girl has a pastel color challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Love your card Mary! The different butterflies looks so pretty and lined up so perfect! Your pork roast sounds pretty yummy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary that's such a pretty card and I'm licking my lips at the thought of that pork loin with the apples - sounds like you all had a wonderful lunch after church! Thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Colour Challenge - best of luck! Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet card, Mary. And what a great way to display some fun DSP; all the patterns work so well together! I am impressed with how well you lined up those butterflies - whenever I try something like this they always come out a little wonky. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card and a great card. Thanks for joining our For a Cause challenge at Eclectic Ellapu this month. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a simple but effective card.well done and thank you for joining in over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Hope to see you again soon.
    Erica (DT)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails