Saturday, April 17, 2010

my apple card

Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. We had a potent storm roll through the Pittsburgh area yesterday afternoon. There were thunderstorms and high-speeed winds that took done trees, power lines and sheared roofs. The wind speed topped at 86 mph.

The hardest hit area was south of the city which is where I live. We were fortunate in that nothing happened to our property but others were not so fortunate. People had trees fall on their homes, crash through their roof or just uproot. We had such unseasonably warm temps earlier in the day and then a cold front came with these severe thunderstorms.

It's really cold today and so overcast , but the storms are done.

My card for today is for 3 challenges:

1.  The Saturday inspiration challenge tooks us to Crate Label Museum site. I found this great apple label and used it as my card inspiration. I had an apple applique and some apple buttons as well as apple designer paper.

2.  The next challenge was on the crazy 4 challenges blog. They provided a sketch for us to use this week. It was fun to work with and fit my card idea well.

3.  The next challenge was on our daily bread designs blog. We were to use something that was recycled. I used a scripture verse (Acts 14:17)that I cut out from the 2008 Lang Country Sampler calendar. It was shaped like a banner and I thought the words fit my apple image. I will use this card when someone needs encouragement.
I added a little ribbon tab and finished off my card.

 It's time to close this post since we are going to watch one of my grandsons play some basketball this afternoon. Baseball starts next week for all 3 of them.

card recipe:
paper: su ww, old olive, summer picnic dsp
accessories: simplicity trims apple applique, apple buttons, ribbon

15 comments:

  1. Loved the apple labels and your beautifully inspired card. I forgot that i have the Tart & Tangy set also and could have used that (along with the paper). Doh!!
    Great work on today's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your property was protected from what sounds like a ferocious storm! Love your apple card...way to go combining 3 challenges in 1 card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great scripture quote - love all the apples on this nicely designed card Mary - glad your family is ok after the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with your apples, nice and fresh feeling, you are a challenge queen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Left a post but not sure it went thru! Love your bright and cheerful apple creation, Mary! Wonderful message and colors! Great way to recycle!

    What a scary storm! So happy you and your family are safe! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, your card is beautiful, love the image and the colors... Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun, Mary! Having the right stuff in your stash sure makes it fun to add all the apples! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just think your use of this applique was perfect for this challenge!

    Sorry to hear about your awful weather.. we are at a beautiful 90~~ LOVE IT!~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, your card is just delightful, love the apple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this 'fruity' card.. very nice and healthy looking... love it... love apples too.. Pretty card Mary...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable design, Mary....such a great idea to use the applique and the apple paper is just perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary, thanks for your kind comment about my ODBD card....this is such a nice card YOU'VE done here! What a perfect idea to use the scripture from an old calendar....I just throw mine away!! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, Mary! Great design and I lvoe the apple and the recycled paper with scripture! Beautifully done! I am so glad you are okay from the storms!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails