Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.
Today, my painter showed up at 7:30 with 3 of his crew ready to paint. They brought their tarps, spackle, rollers, brushes and were ready to roll.

Everyone had their own job to do and didnt waste any time getting to it. Since our stairs to the 2nd flooor were part of this I was kind of confined to my kitchen area.
So after a few phone calls and some kitchen chores, I pulled out my stamps and I was ready to roll.
The creative arts were flowing freely in my home today (lol)!!

They finished up about 3:00 and rolled out with the same speed they rolled in earlier in the day.
I am very pleased with the colors I picked. I wanted a warm feel to my room and that's what it reflects.

My husband has not seen the room yet, but can I tell you he wasn't thrilled with the color choice.
He really didn't want any color as a matter of fact.
His preference was to stay neutral. He wanted to go with the cracked wheat walls and popcorn ball ceiling. Don't you love the color names? But, he let me have my way and add eco green to that mix.

The painter has a few minor touch-ups to make and then I will be ready to have my new furniture delivered. We have been planning this since 2006 and now it has finally happened.

Well enough of this saga. Let's move onto the next one. My card for the day-drumroll please!!

The ways to use it challenge on splitcoaststampers is: mixing patterns

We were to mix up some fun prints. We had the option of using designer paper or stamping our own pattern. I opted to use the designer paper, since I knew exactly what  I was going to do. I decided to make this a Mother's Day card. That's one down anyway.

I had seen this card on flowerbug's inkspot blog several weeks ago. I took the idea and made changes so it would become my card.
I used designer paper from the sending love specialty pack. I used a corner rounder to curve my edges.  The flowers are from the flower fusion too and the button is from the sherbet designer set.
I added some chocolate chip satin ribbon and stamped my sentiment and that was my card.

Well, it's time to close this post and go watch the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game. We are in the playoffs right now. God bless my blogger friends.

card recipe:
stamps: whipper snapper design
paper: su vv,choc chip,  sending love specialty dsp
ink: memento rich cocoa
accessories: satin ribbon, button, nesties circle die, circle punch, brads

12 comments:

  1. Hi Mary...I saw your card on SCS and was sooo impressed...this is sooo gorgeous!!! I love the design with the five panels in the background and the flowers at the bottom...awesome colors and papers, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Mary! Beautiful colors and patterns! I LOVE the layout and design! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Mary, love the colors and paper. Love the way you placed the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card.. the colors are so bold and bright and Happy... love it... the designs all go together so nicely too.. great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this unique layout and your combo of DP...lovely card! Isn't it great how new paint can transform a living space?! Once you get pictures hung and furniture in the room, the color will be less stark to your DH. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous Mother's Day creation!!! I love the pinks - and the layout - it's perfect!!~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Mothers Day card, Mary! Love the design and all your different papers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the panels of paper and flower circles, great co-ordination of colour and elements on this one, just great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely rocked with mixing the patterns!! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Love the designer paper selection with this fabulous layout. So beautifully done, Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely Mother's Day card Mary! what pretty papers and colors on this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails