Tuesday, April 20, 2010

appealing daisy

Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. I spent the day yesterday at the paint store selecting paint colors for my great room.                                                  I ended up selecting a color for my accent wall that was totally different than what I originally intended. I wanted a cinammon shade, but honestly couldn't find what I envisioned.  
The pillows on my new sectional have stripes in them that are different shades of green.   So I selected several possibilities and took them to the furniture store.                                     
When I held them by the pillows, it gave me such a custom look-I was so surprised.                          
To compare it to a stampin-up color line, maybe old olive could be close but there is more yellow in my color.
 Another trip back to the paint store to have them mix me a pint sample of my colors.                  
 For all the other walls I have this butter cream shade-its named cracked wheat.                                
The lightest shade in this family will be the ceiling color. My husband put the green on the wall and then the butter cream shade. I think it looks so good together.
The painter is coming on Thursday, I think. I can't wait to see the finished product.

My card for today was made for the color challenge on splitcoaststampers. I had an email from Betty Wright. She is the hostess of the challenge.
She asked me if I could make a sample to show with hers. I was so honored and intimidated at the same time. Betty is one talented stamper.
It took me hours to put the card together and in the end I liked what I came up with for the sample.

The colors I was to use are: basic grey, apricot appeal and sage shadow. The option was to use lace on my card. This could be accomplished with a punch as well. I used the Martha Stewart lace doiley punch on basic gray cardstock.

My card base is basic gray then a layer of sage shadow. I made my own background paper with the stampin-up filigree stamp. On the next sage green panel, I used a cuttlebug embossing folder and stamped the filigree background on the other.

My apricot appeal requirement was met with my daisy. I used a sizzix die and cut it from card stock and designer paper. I stamped for you in the center. That way I can use this for a variety of occasions.  I added some gray satin ribbon and that completed my card.

The layout was from karen giron's sweet sunday sketch challenge. It was such a fun layout to work with.

Well, its time to turn out the lights in charmed life land today. Talk to you soon!!

card recipe
stamps: su filigree & tiny talk
paper: basic gray, sage shadow, apricot appeal, vv
ink: sage shadow
accessories: bigz daisy die, ms border punch, satin ribbon




11 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fantastic card Mary, I love your big bloom and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The layers, colors and flower all come together very nicely on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with Grey is a winner for me, but even more so with a gorgeous blossom like the one you have created, well done, colour perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, what a fabulous job you did on the sample for the CC yesterday!! I love you HUGE daisy with all the layers. What a stunner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a stunning card, Mary! (BTW, your talent is right up there with Betty's...who are you kidding? - lol). Love the flower that makes such a bold focal point...and that one of a kind 'DP' makes a great BG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Mary - I created a card for both challenges too - kawinky dink!! Pat yourself on the back cause you deserve to show off your talent - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card... the way you have used these colors is fantastic... love it.. that flower is spectacular... great card Mary...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an honor to be asked by Betty to make a card! And no wonder, this is a beauty! I haven't used that die in a long time, you've inspired me to get it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that daisy die and will have to add it to my ever growing list. Such a beautiful card, Mary. So perfect for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, the Daisy flower is gorgeous.
    Oh your colors for your great room sound divine, do share pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Mary, the Daisy is fabulous! Love the white dot accents! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails