Friday, April 21, 2023

Split Trellis Fun Fold

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

It's Friday and the start of another weekend. Hope you have some fun plans in the works. We have a wedding to attend on Saturday. 

I was there at the venue today to decorate the trellis they will stand under for their ceremony. I used greenery and pink silk tulips, and she loved the look. Everything looks so beautiful - table settings, the table with the card box. This table has micro lights underneath the white tablecloth and the card box has greenery around it. It looks so stunning.

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #944. We were to use blushing bride, very vanilla and soft seafoam for our color trio. Optional was to use bling. 
blushing bride, very vanilla, soft seafoam
I have to admit that I did struggle with these colors because soft, pastel colors are not my fave to work with. But after my card was finished, I was happy with how it turned out. 

I decided to try a new fun fold that I have been seeing all over Pinterest.  They are fairly easy and if you want to see how the card is made -  . Here is a link for instructions. 

I used the new Spring Butterflies die from CottageCutz and cut in blushing bride and soft seafoam. I did the die inlay technique using the soft seafoam pieces for the inlay. 

My CottageCutz die - hugs phrase is cut in designer paper from the "Brushstokes" collection from Stampin' Up. I also used the same designer paper on the card inside to add some color behind the trellis.

Scattered a few gold sequins and stamped some texture to complete my card. that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: gorgeous grunge (Stampin' Up)
Paper: very vanilla, soft seafoam, blushing bride, brushstroke dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: soft seafoam (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: spring butterflies, hugs phrase (CottageCutz), gold sequins (Darice)
Techniques: trellis split fun fold
I am also entering:
1.  Cut It Up has a "what's in your garden" challenge. Butterflies and a trellis.
2.  Ellibelle's Corner has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge has a things with wings challenge.
  




3 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Pink and Green is one of my favorite color combos; you did a great job combining them! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a real beauty! Love the lattice style background behind the butterfly! I've not seen this style done before but have been neglecting Pinterest a bit too! I really want to give it a try!
    Thanks so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesdsay challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I really want to try than card base design. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up "What's in your Garden" challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails