Monday, April 17, 2023

A Sweet Thank You


Last week was a busy one for me. It was income tax time. I always seem to put it off to the last minute. But then again, we always owe additional tax so I am in no hurry to pay. 

Compiling the information needed and getting my Quicken software entries up to date takes a couple of days. Then I use Turbo Tax to complete the tax forms and to do an e-filing. 

We used to take it to an accountant but then I realized I was putting all the info for them into a spreadsheet. One year they called and were asking me questions that were answered on the spreadsheet. When I told him they were on the spreadsheet he said he didn't have anything from me. 

That settled it for me. I took the time to put the info together and then they lost the spreadsheet. I wasn't happy.  Why should I pay him to do the work that I could do with Turbo Tax. Anyway, I have been using Turbo Tax for about 6 years and it's worked out fine for us.  

Now onto my card for today. This one I created using some new CottageCutz dies. I am featuring the Lemonade Stand and Celebrate Banner dies.

I was in need of a thank you card to send to a friend who invited us to visit with them at their Florida home for a week. It was such a wonderful time and a handmade thank you card was in order. I recently found out she saves all the cards I send her. That's so heartwarming for a card maker to hear. So, let's get started on some details of how I made my card.

Design Steps:
I started my card by stenciling clouds on white cardstock with tumbled glass, broken china, spun sugar and mowed lawn distress inks.
Image Panel: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Next, I cut the lemonade stand and the celebrate banner from different colored Stampin' Up cardstock.
My card elements are prepared and ready for card assembly. I attached the lemonade stand with double sided tape. I decided to use the Arch Sun die and attached it to the side of the lemonade stad for added interest. 
Before I added the celebrate banner, I stamped my sentiment in a bright pink ink. I used my MISTI for placement, and this also needed a double inking. The MISTI is so perfect for this feature alone.
Added my celebrate banner with clear drying glue.
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to a white card base with double sided tape. I kept the base the same size as the image panel.
White Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
That's it for me for this post. So until next time........God bless.

card details:
Stamps: more lemonade 2 (Stamps of Life)
Paper: basic white, polished pink, daffodil delight, real red, granny apple green, (Stampin' Up), toffee (TE)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: polished pink (Stampin'-Up), tumbled glass & spun sugar distress inks (Ranger)
Accessories: lemonade stand, celebrate banner dies(CottageCutz), mini cloud stencil (MFT)
Techniques: stenciling
I am also entering:
1.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Allsorts challenge is anything goes w/option of creating your own background.
3.  Alphabet Challenge is "A" for adorable or anything cute. 
4.  Creative Fingers Challenge #252 is anything goes. 
5.  Cut it Up Challenge is to use a die cut & something with letter "B". I have a banner. 
6.  Word Art Wednesday is anything goes. 


6 comments:

  1. This is super cute, Mary. I love the banner and the design/colors on your sweet card. I'd sure love to have you come play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. The challenges are always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and we're blessed to have awesome sponsors/prizes. I hope you'll come join us. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    Blessings,
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have created such a sweet colourful scene, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colours on both your background and die cut elements for this sweet card. Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really wonderful scene with those beautiful clouds!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Starts with a B Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great and fun scene - so very joyful and bright. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails