Thursday, April 6, 2023

Easter Tulips

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's the Thursday before Easter. I am having dinner at my home on Sunday. It will just be a small group. My brother-in-law and his wife and my hubby and I. We enjoy their company so it will be a good day.

My mother-in-law is not wanting to leave the house anymore or get out of her pajamas each day. She is 92 now. So, we are just letting her do what she wants instead of forcing her to come for dinner. I did offer to cook my dinner at home and bring it over to my sister-in-law's home where Mom lives but the offer was declined. 

Now onto my card for today. This is another of my Easter cards. I used new dies from CottageCutz - Spring Tulips and the He is Risen dies. 

I knew the layout I had in mind with the tulips when I started this card. So the first thing I did was cut them in a bright pink (polished pink)cardstock. I used a brighter green (granny apple green) for the stems and leaves. I also cut the He is Risen phrase in the same pink cardstock.

I decided to do a bit of stenciling on the white background. I used a light hand with salvaged patina distress ink and a sponge dauber for the stencil work.
Next, I attached the tulips along the bottom and up the left side of the card using a clear drying adhesive.
Now onto my He is Risen phrase. I attached it with the same clear drying adhesive.
And that's my card for today. So until next time.......God bless. 

I am also entering:
1.  Paper Funday is anything goes w/optional of flower power. 
2Stencils are our Fame challenge is stencils w/option of patterns. 
3Everybody Art Challenge is celebrate. Easter is a big celebration for me.
4.  Arty Divas challenge is anything goes. 
5.  Beautiful Blossoms is anything goes floral. 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Mary, and lovely with the sentiment and the "rising" tulips after winter. Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again!
    Happy Crafting Hugs,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Mary, Happy Easter to you and yours. I agree, if your MIL wants to stay in her PJ's, I have to agree! Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice card. I am thrilled by these wonderfully bright colors. This pink and green combination is so stunning. And I love your background. This lovely stencil work looks so lovely with the tulips.
    Thank you for participating in the Everybody Art Challenge.
    Hug and Happy Easter
    Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful card, I love the light stenciling, it's perfect! Happy Easter and enjoy your day!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and Beautiful Blossoms!
    Diane SF Co-Owner and BB DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty pink tulips and nice stenciling! Thanks for playing at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month and we hope to see you next time! XXO, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So pretty-love the flowers, and that pop of blue with the pink! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails