Thursday, April 20, 2023

Daffodils for Mother's Day

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's a beautiful Spring day today here in Pittsburgh. I have my windows open and as I am putting this post together, I can hear the birds singing and our wind chimes moving so softly. It's such a melodic tone.  
I already  was out for a 3 mile walk and this afternoon my goal is to get my craft room straightened out. That seems to be a never-ending job. You know how that goes. 

We are going to a wedding on Saturday, and I committed to baking 10 dozen cookies for the cookie table. It's a Pittsburgh tradition and here is a link that explains what it's about. I love the tradition and I am making mini lady locks or creme horns as they are called in some places. They are about 2" long. 
I baked the shells yesterday and tomorrow I will fill them with a vanilla butter creme filling.  The caterers will prepare the cookie trays and set them out on a table. Here is a photo of what the cookie looks like.
Now onto my card for today. This one I created using new CottageCutz die for a Mother's Day card. I send several cards to family & friends and of course to my mother-in-law. 

Design Steps:
I started my card this week by cutting the daffodil images. I used Stampin' Up cardstock in daffodil delight and mango melody for the floral images. The stems are granny apple green.

I wanted to layer the daffodil images on black cardstock. I saw a card recently on Pinterest and it was so striking on black. I used the Stampin' Up 3D textile embossing folder for a bit of background interest. It's more of a subtle embossing which is the look I was going for.
Tip: when you use a 3D folder spritz the cardstock with water to break up the fibers. This way your cardstock doesn't crack.
I wanted a stamped sentiment on the card and after a bit of thought I decided to use one of the banner images from the Windows Slimline die. It was the perfect size for my sentiment. I cut the banner in the mango melody cardstock and stamped in black ink. The stamp is from a 2018 Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin Kit. 

Attached the flowers with glue dots. I used these just in case I needed to move any of the floral images. It's much easier to do that with glue dots than liquid glue. Attached the banner sentiment and scattered a few green sequins on the card.
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless.

I am also entering:
1.  Splitcoaststampers WT945 challenge.  2 of something or double down on elements. 
2.  Retro Rubber Challenge is "It's Spring". Stamp is from 2018. 
3.  Crafty Gals Corner is Easter or Spring. I chose Spring. 
4Fab 'n' Funky has an April Showers/May Flowers challenge. 
5.  I Spy with my Little Eye challenge- April Showers or May Flowers. 
 










3 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful, loving the black background for the yellow flowers!
    The cookie table sounds like such a fun wedding tradition and the cream horns look delicious! I can only imagine how wonderful the cookie table will look and I know I'd want to try each one :)
    So great to see you this month at "I spy with my little eye" challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these daffies are gorgeous! Perfect color choices, and so bold against the black! And how sweet to make lady locks - I have a friend from Pittsburgh that makes them at Christmas - so YUM! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Mother's Day Card. Love daffodils. The flowers are stunning on the black background. Thank you for joining us at Craft Gals Corner this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails