Saturday, November 20, 2021

Magic of Christmas

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's the weekend before Thanksgiving and I have lots to do here. My son came over to help us mount a TV upstairs, and we thought originally he was going to go up in the attic. Well the access to the attic is from the closet in my craft room. 

So I had to take out the storage unit and everything that was on it. Then the plans changed, and he didn't have to go up there. So now I have to get the shelving unit back in the closet and everything put back on it. It is a good time to go through everything and get rid of the stuff that I don't use anymore. I can see it will be an all day project. 

So let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.  

Design Steps:

I started my card this week with the layout. I liked the sketch #880 on Splitcoaststampers. I thought it would work well for the oval shape of the die.
I looked through my designer paper for a background pattern that might fit and not overwhelm the die scene. I found this "all is calm" collection from Stampin'-Up. It's a subtle snowflake pattern that I only had pieces of, but I had enough to use for the three horizontal layers.
 
Soft Sky Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
All is Calm Designer Paper Layer: 3 7/8" x 3 11/16"

Layer under DSP: 4" x 3 11/16"  
Next, I cut the image from lost lagoon cardstock. Then I used the 2nd largest die from the Oval die set to cut a snowy background from white glitter paper.
I cut the Christmas sentiment using the Merry Christmas w/Shadow die. The shadow is the soft sky (card base) and the Christmas phrase is the lost lagoon shade.
Now that all my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper layers to the card base using double sided tape. 
I attached the image panel to the white glitter panel with Art glitter glue. Then I attached to the card base with dimensional adhesive.
To finish off my card I attached the Christmas phrase with glue dots and added a few snowflakes for element 4 of the sketch. And, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 
I am also entering:
1.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Jingle Belles has a Banner Holiday challenge. Inspiration is the blog banner. My designer paper has the snowflakes and the trees.
3.  Aud Sentiments has an anything goes + a sentiment.  
4.  Crafty Creations has an anything goes challenge. 
5.  Paper Shelter has a say something challenge. 


3 comments:

  1. Love how you combined those shades of green ... so glad you joined our Banner Holiday at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card, and a great interpretation of the sketch as well as our blog banner! thanks for joining our JINGLE BELLES fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colors are so sweet and I love that die cut. Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails