Saturday, November 6, 2021

Santa Gnome & Silly Reindeer

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first Saturday in November. 

The holidays are quickly approaching so time to finish up your Thanksgiving cards and move onto Christmas. My Thanksgiving cards are done and I will be putting them in the mail sometime next week.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I a CAS design featuring the whimsical Santa Gnome w/Silly Reindeer and the Merry Christmas w/Snowflakes dies. So let's get started with some details on how I created this card. 

Design Steps:

I started my card this week by cutting the images. The packaging had the perfect Christmas colors so I went with those. 
Then I looked through my designer papers for a paper that had a snowy background scene. I found this one and thought it was just perfect. With the right designer paper I think you can make a more simple design but still have the wow effect. 
I didn't want to cut too much off this paper so I decided to go with a square card. 

Navy Blue card base: 5 3/4" x 5 3/4"
Designer paper Layer: 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"
I cut the Merry Christmas sentiment in navy blue cardstock.
Now that all my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper to the card base with double sided tape. The images are attached with dimensional adhesive. Lifting them slightly off the background gives your card more depth.
To finish off the card, I added the sentiment using Art glitter glue. This one is my new fave and it dries clear. Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless.

dies I used to create card: 

I am also entering:
1. CHNC #567 has an anything goes Christmas challenge.
2.  Just Us Girls  word week is "Merry" challenge.
3.  The Fairy and the Unicorn has an anything goes challenge. 



4 comments:

  1. Mary, These sweet die cuts make me smile from ear to ear. The snowy scene DSP is just perfect for the backdrop. Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls for Word Week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this adorable wintery scene! That Santa and his reindeer are just too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute scene. Love your background papers. Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    https://thefairyandtheunicornchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails