Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Happy Holidays

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

We just returned from a weekend trip to San Francisco. It was a quick trip to visit with my son and his family. We haven't seen them since Christmas 2019. They were going to come this summer and then my precious little granddaughter had an unfortunate accident and the trip was canceled. They were so excited to see us and we them. It was a wonderful family time and already we are anticipating their Christmas visit. 

I am now in Thanksgiving mode. We are having 12 people for dinner and since Thanksgiving was canceled last year, I am so looking forward to the celebration.  

I did some shopping today since the media has been saying that turkeys may be hard to get. My store had 3 freezer bins full of them So no shortage here in Pittsburgh. I picked up a few other things I will need but since I went shopping without a list, I don't have everything I will need. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #867 on  Splitcoaststampers. Karen was our hostess and she chose mint macaron, petal pink and pool party for her color trio. Optional this week is metallic.
pool party, petal pink, mint macaron

I thought these colors were perfect for a Christmas card. I even had the designer paper with the challenge colors. I don't have petal pink cardstock so I subbed blushing bride.

I went with a fun fold for my card - it's called the split panel fold. The panels are joined together with an acetate window sheet. I didn't see a tutorial on SCS for this fold. But I did make a card using this fold before. You can find the tutorial on this Blog post. If you like watching videos I found this one on YouTube from Wow NOLA Creations

I used the Stampin'-Up set poinsettia petals and coordinating dies for my card. For the scalloped edge I used an old Stampin'-Up punch. Cut the poinsettia in blushing bride cardstock and the leaves are mint macaron. I sponged them to get a deeper shade. For the poinsettia center I used some beaded pearls from Stampin'-Up.

I cut another leaf and stamped my Christmas sentiment to complete my card. To get the pool party color in there I scattered a few enamel dots. They were white and I colored them with a pool party Stampin' blend alcohol marker. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time........God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: poinsettia petals (Stampin'-Up)
Paper: mint macaron, blushing bride, brushed metallic, window sheet, whimsy & wonder dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: mint macaron (Stampin'-Up), tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: poinsettia dies, beaded pearls, white enamel dots, pool party stampin' blend (Stampin'-Up)
Techniques: split panel fold
I am also entering:
1.  Allsorts has a Christmas challenge.
2.  CHNC #268 has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Creative Creases has a die cuts only challenge. 
4.  DragonFly Dreams has a Christmas/Winter challenge.
5.   Alphabet Challenge is "P" for patterned paper.  

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful background paper and a fabulous diecut poinsettia, thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mary, this is a beautiful fun fold card! I really love the papers you used and gorgeous poinsettia! Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. I love the soft colour of the poinsettia. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Dragonfly Dreams.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails