Saturday, September 5, 2020

Santa Reads to His Reindeer

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Labor Day weekend. Can't believe it's September already and like most people wondering where did the summer go and what did I do?

But on a good note (for me anyway), we are heading into my favorite seasons and holidays of the year. I love Fall and Thanksgiving as well as the Christmas Holidays.  For my card today I am using the newly released Santa Reading to his Reindeer and the Santa Express Tag dies from the Christmas Part 1 release. So let's get started with some details of how I created my card.

Design Steps:

I decided to use the popular slimline design technique and create a little outdoor scene. I looked for some background paper that I thought might work. I just bought this new "Snowflake Splendor" paper from Stampin'-Up and I liked this subtle pattern. 

Balmy Blue card base: 8 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer: 8 1/4" x 3 1/4" 


Next, I cut Santa and his reindeer. I used colored cardstock for the images. You could also use white cardstock and color with your favorite coloring medium.
I attached the images to the designer paper using glue dots. 

I was going to stamp a sentiment across the top of the panel but I didn't have one that fit this image. So I thought the Santa Express Tag would work well in the corner of my card. 
I cut it from red cardstock and then again from white cardstock. I used the die inlay technique and glued the words and scallops with Ranger multi medium matte.
To finish off this little outdoor Santa scene I attached the image panel to the blue card base with double sided tape. I scattered a few snowflake sequins to complete this card.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time..........God bless.

dies I used to create card:



I am also entering:
1.  CHNC Challenge is Christmas with optional to use patterned paper. 
2. Sweet Stampin' has an anything but a birthday card. 
3.  C.R.A.F.T. Challenge is Christmas. 
4.  Crimbo Crackers has an anything goes Christmas challenge. 
5.  ABC Christmas Challenge is "S" for snow. I used snowflake sequins.
6.  Christmas Craft Creations has a Christmas animals challenge. 

10 comments:

  1. I wonder what the story is? It's a lovely card to make anyone smile. Thank you for sharing it with us at Christmas Craft Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute! I'm just getting into slim line cards so I'm always looking for ideas! Thanks for joining our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute slimline card. Please note that to be eligible for our prize, or to be our winner or honourable mention, you should include our challenge graphic in your blog post. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I love slimline cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute, those deer are fab... pretty backdrop too!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great slimline card design! Love the die cuts and the pretty background paper. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great design and beautifully crafted.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovey card with beautiful background :)

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at CRAFT Challenge.
    Hugs Monika, CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' and come and play along again soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet scene! Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails