Saturday, September 19, 2020

Trick or Treat Frankie

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in September. 

I celebrated my birthday this past Thursday. My hubby and I went for a bike ride on a trail about an 1 1/2 hours from our home .We like this trail because it runs alongside the Youghiogheny River and is tree lined so it provides shade. Although we didn't need the shade because it was a cloudy day. 

It was an enjoyable day. We had lunch at an outdoor café there on the river. Then when I came home there was a floral arrangement waiting for me from my niece. And my youngest son sent me a gift that will be redeemable next Saturday. One of our local restaurants is doing a benefit for the make-a-wish foundation. We will pick up all the ingredients to make this upscale dinner for two. I will be able to watch the online video to see exactly how to prepare the meal. I think it is a great idea and am really looking forward to receiving it. Here is a link to the video where the chef talks about this.  

Now onto my card for today. This one I created using a new Halloween dies from CottageCutz. I posted it for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. There are more photos on the Blog and a step by step pictorial tutorial.  

I used the colors from this week's Splitcoaststampers color challenge #809. Barbara was the hostess and she chose cherry cobbler, pumpkin pie and garden green for her color trio. Optional was to make an autumn card. 
cherry cobbler, pumpkin pie, garden green

For my card I used a new Halloween die from CottageCutz. It's "trick or treat frankie". I don't normally make Halloween cards but, I thought he was so cute I just had to use him with these colors.

I also tried a new to me fun fold. It's called the double triangle fold. Here is a link to a tutorial on how to create it. I used this one from Dawn Olchefske.

I selected two different patterns of Halloween themed designer paper. The paper measures 5 1/4" x 4" before I cut it.  The designer paper is from the "monster bash" collection. 

I cut them both on a diagonal. 
I cut Frankie from cardstock using the challenge colors.

 Now I am ready to start card assembly. I first attached the designer paper to the card base using double sided tape.
Next, I am ready to build my image panel. I used the 2nd largest wacky stitched circle and also the 3rd largest circle set dies. Frankie is secured with dimensional adhesive.  
To finish off the card front, I attached the image panel to the card base. I just used double sided tape on the left side so it wouldn't interfere with the card opening.

I decided to finish off the inside of my card as well. I used the Halloween Phrase & More die. It's an older one from CottageCutz. I cut the trick or treat words in the pumpkin pie cardstock. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time........God bless. 

Card details:
Paper: basic black, pumpkin pie, cherry cobbler, garden green, whisper white, monster bash dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: Trick or Treat Frankie, Halloween Phrase, Wacky Stitched Circle dies (CottageCutz
Techniques: Double Triangle Fold
Dies I used to create card:






1 comment:

  1. Super fun Halloween card. - I think they have some neat dies (I just got a couple). I like the way this card folds.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails