Saturday, September 12, 2020

Peace, Hope and Joy Christmas

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in September. 

I decorated my home for Fall and Thanksgiving this week. It might be a bit early for Thanksgiving but I had all the Fall decorations pulled out and once I put the containers away I didn't want to have to get them out again in a month. So I put everything out now. I love these upcoming holidays so decorating a bit early for them doesn't bother me.  Now I get to enjoy the decorations a little longer than usual.

Today I am back to roasting tomatoes and stuffing all the banana peppers that my hubby just picked. My plan was to do that yesterday but I was out of onions. So to the store first and then I will be in the kitchen for several hours. 

Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.  There is a new release of Christmas dies from CottageCutz and I used the Peace, Hope and Joy ornaments to create this CAS card. 

I send a lot of handmade Christmas cards- usually about 60, in fact. And, I know some of the recipients don't appreciate a detailed card so I send them one that I have made multiples of and was reproduced easily and quickly. Aren't we all looking for ideas like that?

Since I was using 3 ornaments on my card, I knew the card would have to be a bit larger than an A2 size. So I created a 5 x7 card. That's a size I don't believe I have ever used. But you can still mail it with a first class postage stamp.

I wanted to use some background designer paper and I found this snowflake paper that I have had in my stash for a few years. HaHa - don't we all! I was initially going to layer it with vellum but I liked the look without it.
Next, I cut the ornaments in white cardstock. I thought the all white ornaments would be a good contrast again the dark blue paper.
Now this CAS card is ready for assembly. I decided to cut some pine sprigs so the ornaments weren't hanging in mid air. I used an older CottageCutz die (Lantern w/Pine Boughs) and white cardstock. 
Since this one was so easy to put together, I thought I would try another one with some non-traditional Christmas colors. I used a light purple designer paper from a Momenta "watercolor pack". Cut my ornaments from Stampin'-Up "gorgeous grape" cardstock and used the same color cardstock for my card base.

The card measurements are the same as the card above. I used a moss green cardstock for the pine sprigs on this card and scattered a few enamel dots.

Well that's it for me for this post. Enjoy your Saturday and hope you get some crafty time in. Until next time........God bless.

dies I used to create card:





 I am also entering:
1.  CHNC #507 is anything goes Christmas. 
2Crimbo Crackers has an anything goes Christmas challenge. 
3Krafty Chicks has a Christmas challenge. 
4.  Stinkin' Inkers has a x3 challenge. 
5.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge is anything goes. 




 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards. Love the pine sprigs added to the top of each ornament. Thanks for joining the Stinkin' Inkers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely cards!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for CHNC
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails