Monday, September 14, 2020

North Pole Toy Company

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life today. 

It's already mid-September can you believe it?. We are having a sunny day today but the winds are up a bit and it's bringing in some cooler air. I like the heat and humidity but with Fall comes cooler temps. 

Usually at this time of year I would be back in Pre-School and getting to know a brand new class of 3 year olds. But our Preschool closed at the end of last school year because of some issues between our church and Director. My neighbor has asked me to work with her 3 year old daughter one day a week. 

She will be going to school starting in January but she wanted her to do something now. I wasn't sure at first, but I thought about it and I am going to do it. She will come here for a couple of hours one day a week. I already have all my lesson plans from last year and all the art projects that we did. So it wouldn't be an issue preparing anything. More to come on our start date. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #808. LeAnn was our hostess and she chose bumblebee, merry merlot and mossy meadow for her color trio. Optional was to make a masculine card. It's also posted on the CottageCutz Blog for my scheduled Monday post. 



bumblebee, merry merlot, mossy meadow

I loved these colors and went Christmas with them. I will be giving this one to a little boy for Christmas so I am in for the optional item. I created a little Christmas scene using the slimline card design. My gnome w/lights, reindeer (Santa reading to his Reindeer) and North Pole Toy Company are all new Christmas dies from CottageCutz. I cut them in the challenge colors plus neutrals.

On the background, I used some mossy meadow designer paper from the Stampin'-Up "festive farmhouse" collection. I overlaid some vellum to tone it down a bit. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time........God bless.

Card details:
Paper: mossy meadow, merry merlot, bumblebee, whisper white, baked brown sugar, festive farmhouse dsp (Stampin'-Up), vellum (Paper Studio)
Paper Size: 8 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Accessories: gnome with lights, north pole toy company, santa reading to reindeer (CottageCutz))
Techniques: Slimline Cards
dies I used to create card:



I am also entering:
1The Fairy and the Unicorn has an anything fantasy goes. Gnomes, North Pole Toy company and Santa's reindeer all fall into that category. 
2.  Crimbo Crackers has an anything goes Christmas challenge. 
3.  Moving Along with the Times wants us to create a scene. 
4Crafters Castle has an anything goes challenge.
5.  Crafty Calendar has an anything goes challenge.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Mary! Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    https://thefairyandtheunicornchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Mary and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! Love it! Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. Good luck!
    Blessings, Jeanie Ellis DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com
    Scrapbookingmamaw MyBlog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails