Saturday, November 9, 2019

Moose in Forest

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this 2nd Saturday in November.

Well, we did the time change and it's getting dark at 5:30 pm. I will be used to it in a few weeks but right now it seems so late when I notice it's dark outside. I just need to settle in for a long winter's nap (LOL)!!!

My hubby and I celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary on Thursday, November 7. We went downtown to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and had a great dinner. Our waitress even surprised us with a free dessert. It was a lovely evening.

Now it's time for me to begin thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have started buying a few Christmas gifts but haven't really made a dent in my shopping list. For the past few years, I have done most of my shopping on QVC & HSN. I just love the convenience and if my gift recipients aren't happy it can be returned with no fuss.

Well, I have a lot on my to-do list today so it's time to move onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used the new Moose in Forest die and an older sketch from Freshly made sketches to create this Christmas card.
Tranquil Tide card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Kraft Angled Rectangle: 3rd largest Cross Stitched Rectangle die 
Kraft Designer Paper Square: 3rd largest Square Set die.
 
On the angled panel I stamped a few trees in tranquil tide ink from the Stampin'-Up "lovely as a tree" set. The designer paper I used is also from Stampin'-Up -part of the "tranquil textures" collection.

I used burlap ribbon for the long rectangle panel. I thought it added to the woodsy appeal of the card. Instead of a stamped sentiment, I used the Noel banner from the Christmas Car & Trailer set from CottageCutz. I liked it draped between the 2 pine trees and also the touch of red cardstock.

To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to the card base and used a few rhinestones in the right corner. That's it for me for this post. So until next time...…...God bless!

 dies I used to create card:

I am also entering:
1.  CHNC has an anything goes challenge.
2.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies has an anything goes with a critter.
3.  Crafty Animals has an anything goes.
4.  Merry Little Christmas Challenge is anything goes.
5.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge is anything goes.


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Christmas card, thanks for playing along with us at THAIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha Too Cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your woodland scene and the wonderful dies you used! I want them to now! I love how you followed the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. Love the moose! Thanks for sharing with us at MLC this month.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails