Monday, November 11, 2019

Holiday Hedgehog

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
Hope your weekend was a good one. We had dinner with friends on Saturday night. It was a nice evening with 3 other couples. Sunday was just a bit of a laid back day after church. I made a big brunch with bacon, eggs, toast and pumpkin pancakes.
 
Today, I have a chiropractor appointment then off to the gym. When I return home I have a DT card due and then my preschool project for Tuesday. I want to have the kids do some sponge painting that will end up a turkey. They love doing their crafts and showing me when it's done.
 
Now, let's move onto my card for today. This one I made for both the color challenge #763 on Splitcoaststampers and a group DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. Jeanne was the hostess and she chose lovely lipstick, coastal cabana and blueberry bushel for her color trio.
I decided to go with a Christmas card. I used the new Holiday Hedgehog die from CottageCutz. His scarf and hat are cut in two of the challenge colors. For the circle background I sponged clouds with a cloud stencil using cracked pistachio distress ink. Its a good match for coastal cabana.

The background papers are from the Stampin'-Up "let it snow" collection. Where the 2 panels are joined, I used lovely lipstick ribbon. My sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn winter scripty sayings set and I stamped it in blueberry bushel.

Finished off my card by adding a few snowflakes. I used wink of stella to add a bit of sparkle but it doesn't show well in my photo. Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: winter scripty sayings (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: coastal cabana, blueberry bushel, lovely lipstick, baked brown sugar (neutral), crumb cake (neutral), whisper white, let it snow dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Ink: blueberry bushel (Stampin'-Up), cracked pistachio distress (Ranger)
Accessories: : holiday hedgehog, circle set, stitched circle dies (CottageCutz), lovely lipstick ribbon (Stampin'-Up), cloud stencil (MFT)wink of stella

I am also entering:
1. Gem of a Challenge is anything goes.
2.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes.
3.  Crafter's Castle has an anything goes.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun hedgie Christmas card! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! Great use of the challenge colors and the hedgehog is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable Christmas card!!! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card!! I love how the colors work together and your little hedgehog is just adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Gem of a Challenge!!
    Lina DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails