Friday, November 15, 2019

Flower Pot House Thanksgiving

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
Can you believe that we are already half way through the month of November. Just 2 short weeks until Thanksgiving. It will be dinner at my home and I am looking forward to the day.
 
This is one of my favorite holidays and I love cooking for it. I keep my main the same each year because it's traditional. Or maybe what I have made a tradition for my family. But everyone loves the food so why mess with a good thing. (LOL)!!
 
We will also be having a Thanksgiving celebration with our Preschool. Instead of turkey it will be chicken nuggets, carrots & ranch dressing and applesauce- things that 3-5 year olds like to eat. It will be a fun day for them.  
 
I have been making cards for Thanksgiving. I usually send out about 10 of them.  Time to get them into the mail so I am not stressing about them the week of Thanksgiving.
 
To create my card, I used the Flower Pot House die from CottageCutz. When I saw this die it made me think of my hubby. He is an avid gardener and has flower beds all over our yard in the summer months. 

Friends call our house the "flower house". I love to cut them and give bouquets to our friends. So getting a Thanksgiving card from us that depicts a flower pot house would not be out of the ordinary (LOL)!

The die has other flowers, but I used only sunflowers since that represents the fall season. I die cut the flowers in crushed curry cardstock then sponged with real red and rusty hinge inks. I went with a fall color scheme of cajun craze, crushed curry and crumb cake (kraft) for the card.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time...….God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: many thanks (Dare2BArtzxy), holiday home (PTI)
Paper: cajun craze, crumb cake, crushed curry, old olive, soft suede, all is bright dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: cajun craze, real red, crushed curry (Stampin'-Up), rusty hinge distress (Ranger)
Accessories: flower pot house (CottageCutz), sequins (Darice)
 
I am also entering:
1.  Cut It Up has a celebrate fall challenge.
2Crafty Gals Corner has an anything fall goes challenge.
3.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is Thank You/Thanksgiving
4.  The Paper Funday Challenge has an anything goes with a twist of Thanksgiving.
 

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card. I love it Thanks for entering you card at Cuti it up
    Deze kaart is zo mooi!!. Tof gedaan!!. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Cut It Up
    hugs
    Claudia
    DT Cut IT Up
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
    http://cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the flower pot has become a cozy home!

    Thanks for Celebrating Fall with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary your card is so wonderful. Love the flowers and the way you have made it into your home. Really a beautiful Thanksgiving card. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana Forrest

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails