Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit The Charmed Life Blog this Thanksgiving Day 2019.
 
I have a busy day ahead with cooking for our family. I hope your day is a blessed one whatever your plans may be. My menu for today is a roasted turkey & stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, brussel sprouts, corn casserole, cranberries, pumpkin pie and pumpkin roll. Some of it I made yesterday and will just need to be baked today. The turkey I am getting ready to put in my oven this morning.
 
But, before all the busyness starts I wanted to post a Thanksgiving card. This one I made for the color challenge #762 on Splitcoaststampers. I was the hostess and I chose merry merlot, daffodil delight and Cajun craze. Optional was to make it Fall or Thanksgiving.
 
For my sample, I turned to the Stampin'-Up "come to gather" designer paper and created a Thanksgiving card. The layout is one that I saw on Ann Schachs blog and I used it for my card.

The stitched leaves are a die from CottageCutz, and I sponged with Cajun craze and daffodil delight inks for some color variation. Used the gorgeous grunge stamp set and stamped some ink scatters on the larger circle.

The card base is daffodil delight, and I sponged the edges with cajun craze and daffodil delight inks to tone the yellow down a bit.

I scattered a few Cajun craze enamel dots and tied a small bow with Cajun craze linen thread to complete my card.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time...….God bless.
 
Card Details:
Stamps: the gift of fall (Stampin Up August 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit), gorgeous grunge (Stampin'-Up)
Paper: daffodil delight, early espresso. Merry merlot, daffodil delight, come to gather dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Cajun craze, daffodil delight
Accessories: Cajun craze enamel dots, Cajun craze linen thread (Stampin'-Up)
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Creations has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes.
3.  Words 2 Craft By has a thankful challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Love these richa fall colors - very pretty ! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love those pretty stitched leaves! Great colors too. Thank you for joining us at W2CB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Mary... This is gorgeous! Love your take on that color challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Mary! You are the winner of our November/December W2CB Challenge!!! Please e-mail me at cards[dot]by[dot]sybrina[at]gmail[dot]com.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails