Friday, November 22, 2019

Grapevine Wreath

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 
 
It's Friday and the start of another weekend. The week was a busy one between Preschool, my DT posts and we also had my Mother-in-Law for a couple of days. She lives with my sister-in-law, and we take her a couple of days a month to give them both a break.
 
Now I need to begin preparing for Thanksgiving. I wanted to get my turkey today but that didn't happen. But, I definitely need to get it tomorrow. I usually get a 23 lb bird and it takes until Thursday to completely thaw. Although I am thinking about dropping down a couple of pounds because I will have less people.
 
I also haven't gotten my Thanksgiving cards in the mail. I have had them done so I am not sure what the hold-up is? Tomorrow is a post office run for sure. Fortunately the cards are all going local so they will get there in time.
 
mango melody, rococo rose, pear pizzazz
 
Let's move onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #759 on Splitcoaststampers. The colors we were to use: mango melody, rococo rose and pear pizzazz. I decided to try and make a fall card with these colors.

I used the Grapevine Wreath die from CottageCutz to create my card. I cut some of the leaves in mango melody and then sponged them with merry merlot (a new Stampin Up neutral) to give them more of a fall look. The other 2 leaves are cut in pear pizzazz and sponged with the same ink to darken them.

I used kraft cardstock (neutral) for the grapevine wreath and sponged that with distress walnut stain. For the acorns, I used baked brown sugar (neutral) and again sponged with distress walnut stain. The background paper is from an older Stampin'-Up collection "wood textures".

To cover the rococo rose color, I cut a bow from that cardstock. I finished off this card by adding a few more leaves and stamped my sentiment.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post so until next time...….God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: bountiful harvest (Verve)
Paper: : mango melody, pear pizzazz, rococo rose, kraft, baked brown sugar, wood textures dsp (Stampin Up)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Ink: merry merlot, pear pizzazz, choc chip (Stampin Up), walnut stain distress ink (Ranger)
Accessories: grapevine wreath die (CottageCutz)

I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Gals Corner has an anything Fall goes challenge.
2Paper Funday has an anything goes with optional of Thanksgiving
3.  Shopping Our Stash has a so thankful challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Be still my heart. I love this card. The fall colors are beautiful. And the little acorns.. Perfection.

    Melanie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely Autumn card! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges and best of luck in the draw. Donna - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stunning card. I love the dies, colors and layout of your images. It just makes me smile. So glad you shared over at Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous wreath Mary! I just love the colours....so pretty!
    We are SO THANKFUL you played along with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails