Friday, December 14, 2012

Frosty Friends


Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Christmas countdown continues and it now is just 11 days away. I made a big dent in my preps yesterday. Today I plan on getting my 2nd tree decorated and then I will be finished in that area. Hopefully today I can start on the gift wrapping. Check back tomorrow for my progress report (lol)!!

My card today is one that I made for my regular Friday post on the Great Impressions Blog. I wanted to experiment with some Tim Holtz distress markers and a water brush. I saw a video on the Deconstructing Sketch blog and thought I would give it a try.

This super cute snowman stamp - "frosty Friends G289 was the perfect stamp to use.
I paired my image up with patterned paper from the Basic Gray "fruitcake collection".

My card layout is from the deconstructing sketch #75. I tweaked it just a little. 

Added a twine bow, a banner flag cut from the MFT flag stax die, stamped my sentiment from the stamp "It's Christmas - D453 and that completed my card. 

Time to close this post and do some Christmas stuff. So until next time.........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1. C.R.A.F.T. blog has a "winter" challenge.
2. Craft Us Crazy has a christmas/winter challenge.
3. Paper Crafting Journey has an "anything christmas" challenge.
4. Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge is to add snowflakes.
5. Raise The Bar has a "let it snow" challenge.

10 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable! Love that sweet trio of snowmen and your coloring is fabulous using the distress markers! Sadly, mine sit on the shelf and aren't used much. I finished up my wrapping and shopping on Thursday and that's always such a good feeling. Now I can concentrate on cleaning house and fixing some food. Have a great w/e!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful Christmas card..love the sweet snowmen and lovely embellies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card Mary. Darling image. Love papers and the twine and snowflake embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling snowman image, Mary....love the colors and papers you used, too, and what a fabulous twine bow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, your little snow guys are adorable - love the soft shading and colors you've selected. Such pretty, festive background papers, too! Your blog looks so sweet and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, this is adorable! Love the image with the fun snowmen. And, your twine/snowflake is a great finishing touch.

    Getting to the end of my renovations and thought I would find time to make a card and do some visiting and commenting. It's been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, these snowmen are so delightful! I love how cheerful they look and your twine bow is terrific. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! Wanted to make sure I stopped by to tell you I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all the best of the New Year! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little snow guys are too sweet! Another wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails