Friday, December 28, 2012

2013 Holiday Hugs

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Well the hectic place of Christmas is over.

My son and daughter-in-law and granddaughter have gone and my home is quiet. No more patter of little feet or her bursting into my bedroom looking for me. We loved having them and playing with Phoenix Daisy for hours on end.

I didn't get everything done that I wanted to but somehow it didn't matter. Family doesn't care about the stuff being done. It was a good lesson learned for me this year.

I did get to make cookies with my 2 year old granddaughter. It was so much fun.  I bought her an apron and she loved wearing it.

In fact, she liked it so well that it didn't come off until bedtime. Here is a photo of the both of us in our aprons. My hubby caught us both saying "cheese". I created a memory for the both of us.



Well, onto my card for today. This one I made for my post on the Great Impressions Blog. I needed a card to give to my neighbor along with some of my home made Christmas candy.  So, I decided to make a New Years card.

To start my card I stamped my background with the Great Impressions Stamp - "Fireworks & Stars G303" in black ink and then I wet embossed. I layered that on a opal metallic paper.

My 2013 is cut from a Sizzix alphabet set in the same silk opal metallic card stock. Layered that on black card stock and punched a few stars. My sentiment is "holiday hugs A143".

Well that's my card for today. So until next time........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes challenge.
2. Card Crafters Circle has an anything goes challenge.
3. CraftyMess Blog wants us to show some sparkle/bling.







10 comments:

  1. Wonderful photo. Sounds like you had a fantastic holiday with family. Just as it should be. Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new year card! Such a wonderful idea for sending after Christmas!!
    That picture is so precious and it sounds like you both had a wonderful time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Mary! Love the black and white look! Fantastic!
    I'm SO glad you got to see your granddaughter and so much fun while they were with you! Mine just left today and I just cried! Miss them so much already!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Mary!! B&W perfect for the New Years. What a blessing to have your beautiful little Daisy Phoenix with you for Christmas :) Have a wonderful New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Mary! You are a wonderful grammie. I bet little Phoenix Daisy had a blast baking yummy cookies. She went home with sweet memories and I'll bet she's looking forward to her next trip for another round of baking. Wishing you and your family a safe, warm, and healthy 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fab card thanks for joining us at crafty mess xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is terrific, Mary! Love the number font and design!

    Phoenix Daisy is so adorable! You two look like you had a cookie baking blast! Sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card to help bring in the New Year. Love the Bling!
    Thank you for taking part in the 24th Craftymess Challenge with us.
    Angela - Craftymess DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome photo of you and your granddaughter. FUN times! :o) Love your firework card. Perfect color combo and images. Happy (and Crafty) New Year friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your talent at Card Crafter's Circle this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails