Thursday, December 13, 2012

~ dashing thru the snow ~





Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Well, it's now 13 days until Christmas.

Don't know about you but I am so not ready, but the good news is that I am getting there. I have received more gift ideas from my family so I expect to finish the shopping in the next couple of days.

I am almost finished decorating my house and I am loving how everything is beginning to take shape. So, I guess I am on track just not ahead of schedule.

Now, onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers.

Peggy was our hostess and she chose a great trio of colors with real red, basic gray and gumball green.
Our extra option is anything to do with snow - snowmen, snowflakes, etc.

For my card I decided to use dies and stamps from the PaperTrey Ink set “in the meadow”. My card base is basic gray and then a layer of white.

I used some gray designer paper with stars from the Echo Park collection “very merry Christmas”. I added some red rhinestones for a little bling.

My tree is cut in gumball green and the sleigh in real red. I cut the rolling hills with the PTI die from this same set and then added some Stampin-Up chunky glitter.

I stamped my sentiment to complete my card. that's it for me today so until next time.......God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  ABC Christmas Challenge is on the letter "Y". You are to use your fave die or punch. These PTI dies are my new fave-makes card making so easy.
2.  Simon Says Stamp Challenge wants to know what is our fave tool or product. I love using dies. They add so much to a card.
3.  Sweet Stampin has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Crafting For All Seasons has a green/red and glitter challenge.

14 comments:

  1. Hello Mary , your cards are always fabulous and this one is no exception well done .
    Thank you for joining us this time for our RED GREEN and SPARKLY Challenge at
    Crafting for all Seasons .
    Your cards is fabulous , I wish you a Merry Christmas and Good Luck Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Mary! It is one of my favorites from your Christmas collection. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute tree and sleigh and a gorgeous card. Love the sentiment too - makes me think it needs to snow here!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Mary. I love your design and the beautiful glitter and rhinestone accents. Thanks for joining our first challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin and I hope you will join us again next month.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, what a lovely scene. You did a fabulous job. You're so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the colors you used and your wonderful design! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how pretty Mary. Love the fabulous winter dies and the colors. The glittery hills look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Christmas card is beautiful, Mary....I just got that set but haven't used it yout...thanks for the inspiration!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful christmas card!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!! Great take on the Y challenge (Your favorite Dies). Thank you so much for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge! We hope you will play along again - and good luck with the prize drawings.
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    ABC Christmas Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card - just gorgeous! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin and we hope to see you back in the new year :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, WOW, Mary!! This beautiful card has so much impact. The diecut silhouettes look stunning against those sparkly snowdrifts. Outstanding card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love the layered look of the hills on this wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a beautiful card...

    Thanks for joining us for our first challenge here at Christmas at Sweet Stampin.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails