Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Welcome Back

Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life blog. Well the back to school routine has started in our area. That would be teachers return first -traffic increases and then the student come back (lol).

I ran into a lot more traffic driving to my son's home this morning. It always picks up when school re-opens. Fortunately, its only a couple of more weeks driving over in the early morning. Then during the school year, I go after school to meet the bus.

My grandsons don't go back until after labor day (September 4) but some of the other schools start as early as this Thursday.

Well onto my card for today. This one is a back to school card for my daughter-in-law who is a teacher.
I made this card for the Ways To Use It challenge #388. Cathy was the hostess and she wants us to use a school tool somewhere on our creation.
For my card, I used an embossed schoolhouse image I found in my stash. It's from "embossable designs" and I bought it years ago from QVC. That was back when they sold crafts. They don't anymore.

I stamped the welcome sentiment on the tree. It's from the "warm words" set by Stampin-Up.

My card base is early espresso (dark brown) and I layered it with riding hood red cardstock and the striped designer paper is from Stampin-Up's story time" collection.

I added some twill ruler ribbon and used a Martha Stewart border punch to complete my card.

Well that's it for me today. So until next time........God Bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Scrap-Creations challenge has a back to school theme.
2.  Loves Rubberstamps Rubberstamps challenge is "back to school.
3.  Outlawz Greeting challenge is also back to school.


5 comments:

  1. OMGosh I love this little back to school theme and the cute images. So cute!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I love the back to school images that you used, that school house and ruler are awesome! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun school card Mary! love the twill ruler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super adorable BTS card Mary!! Love all the school elements you added!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful back to school card! Love that ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails