Sunday, August 5, 2012

Friendship Grows

Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. I am so happy to be playing along with Great Impressions Challenge as a designer this month. I have participated in the previous challenges but as a submitter.

This month I will be part of the team  visiting your blogs to take a closer look at what you have submitted for the "animal challenge".
So if you're just visiting my blog -check out the challenge from Great Impressions. There is a prize to be won.

For my card , I used this super cute mice stamp- "friendship grows G184".  I colored the mice with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I decided to paper piece their little outfits. I cut the image with a Spellbinders circle die and layer that onto a Burgundy scallop die. Added some punched butterflies -using a Martha Stewart punch.

The background designer paper is from Stampin-Up's - "Paisley Petals collection". I layered the paper over some bravo burgundy cardstock. The paper has shades of tangerine in it so I decided to use some other paper from the collection with this color.

My top smallest rectangle layer is a 1/2" piece of burgundy cardstock that I used a cuttlebug "just my type" embossing folder on for a little texture.

I am still participating in the fan club challenges on Splitcoaststampers so this card is for the challenge that Jessie Rone &Sweet Miss Daisy are hosting.

Well that's my card for today. So until next time ......God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Love how you brought your image to life! Great coloring and design! So glad you are a part of our team Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, great card! I love that sweet image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, your card is adorable! You'll be a great addition to their team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so lovely and sweet!

    i love the sentiment combined with that adorable image!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card, Mary! I love the little mice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable card! Love that darling image and that pretty background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The paper pieced mice are just adorable! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling card Mary! I can only imagine the conversation they are having!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails