Friday, August 31, 2012

Frolicking Trio

Happy Friday everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life blog. The holiday week-end is upon us. So if you are traveling stay safe.

We are staying home but have plans with family and friends. It's the last holiday of summer. So whatever you are doing enjoy yourself. Our youngest grandson Ethan has his first football game of the season on Sunday. So right after church we will be heading to the game.

We are supposed to have some rain so maybe we will be watching under umbrellas. But its what parents and grandparents do (lol)!!

The card I am showing today is also what I have posted on the Great Impressions blog. Friday is my day to post over there.
This card reminds me of summer. Little girls playing and just loving life. This sweet stamp is "frolicking trio" G342 from Great Impressions Stamps. 


My card colors are from this week's color challenge #390 on Splitcoaststampers. I was the hostess and I  chose a bright color palette with lucky limeade, rich razzleberry and daffodil delight.

An added option was to create a bow with ribbon or seam binding and use a button in the center.

I chose my background patterned paper and built my card from there. It's Stampin-Up's "floral district" collection. The image is stamped in rich razzleberry ink. I used a scalloped rectangle die to layer the image.


Made a seam binding bow in daffodil delight to pick up that color from the patterned paper. I added a rich razzleberry button center and used a yellow pearl for the button center.

and added to left corner. The flag is cut with an MFT fishtail flags stax die-namics in rich razzleberry.


The card layout is last weeks MojoMonday #354. 

Well that's it for me today. So until next time.......God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Inky Impressions has a primary color challenge.
2.  My Mum's Craft Shop has a 3 lots of 3 things challenge. I have 3 girls in my image, 3 punched circles on the bottom left and 3 flowers in my patterned paper.
3.  Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Stampin Sisters In Christ wants us to use punches, dies or shapes of any kind. I used punches and dies on my card.
5.  Use It Tuesdays challenge #38: use that ribbon. I have so much ribbon and seam binding. I used seam binding on this card.














9 comments:

  1. So fun and pretty! That's a perfect sketch for this wonderful image and I love the DP you used! Fabulous.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Love the color combo and that sweet image!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, and definitely reminds me of the carefree days of summer! Lovely color combo, too. Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Sistrs in Christ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little tag attached to the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a joyful, free spirited card! Gorgeous colors too! Enjoy the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love this color trio! Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary this card made me smile, fab colour choice, thanks for joining us at MMCS. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so cool. I love it!! Thanks for playing at Inky impressions xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails