Sunday, August 5, 2012

If Friends Were Flowers

More from me today.  Something I don't usually do but I wanted to show another of the cards I did for the fan club challenges.

Late afternoon we went to watch one of our grandsons play in his baseball tournament. He is in Pony league and they are on regional playoffs right now. If they win a couple of more games they will advance to the world series.

But, today the game was rained out after 2 innings. We left to drive home in a heavy downpour. After we arrived home safely, the local TV station announced there was flash flooding on one of the roads we take to get back home. We passed the intersection where the flooding occured not 20 minutes before we heard the report.

There was flooding on this same road and intersection 2 weeks ago. We haven't heard how bad it got today because the Olympics have been on all evening.

So for my card today. This one I made for the color challenge #386. Peggy was the hostess and she chose 3 great colors for us this week - primrose petals, summer starfruit, and baja breeze.

I used some of the new Stampin-Up designer paper - the "patio party" collection.
It has all 3 of the colors that Peggy chose. My baja breeze paper is from the ski slope collection.

I added some ribbon tabs and a punched flower with one of the new in-color dahlia buttons.

I also used the fancy fan embossing folder for my vertical strip. My tilted sentiment panel is using Verve's "great friend" set. I stamped it in baja breeze and added some leaves from the same set.

This is also for Angela's (aka jellybean74) & Teresa's (VA.sunshine)  fan club challenge.

You have to be a member at Splitcoaststampers and a member of the fan club to enter these particular challenges. Click here to get more info.

Time to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day. So until next time........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Avadares Challenge blog has an anything goes for August.
2.  Simply Create also has an anything goes.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely sentiment on a pretty card! Love the folded ribbon. Your creative ways with ribbon is your signature touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEautiful CAS card, love the folded ribbon, thak you for sharing with Avadares this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, what a lovely sentiment and beautiful design. Thanks for playing at Avadares Challenge Blog.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card with a marvelous sentiment. Thanks for playing with us.
    Berni, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. You used one of my favorite friend quotes on this very pretty card. Thanks for playing with us at Avadares for this challenge. Come on back to see the new freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and using some of my favorite paper!! Love the ribbon tabs and the little flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow such a beautiful card! I love the colors.

    Thanks for sharing and joining us at Simply Create Too Challenge#19 DT AJ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, Mary, I love your dp combo! Wonderful job. I'm so glad you entered it into the "Anything Goes" challenge at Avadares this month. Hope to see you again next month.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails