Sunday, August 26, 2012

fairy silhouette

 
 
Happy Sunday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life blog. We have had 5 days of such beautiful sunny weather here in Pittsburgh. Our flowers are blooming profusely as well as our tomatoes.
 
We only have 2 regular tomato plants and 1 grape tomato plant. It's just enough for us and then as little to share. I want to make some salsa and can it so I will be making a trip to the farmers market to buy what I need.
 
Our service at church was great this morning. The worship team did a fantastic job and our Pastor had an excellent sermon today. It was so inspiring.
 
He was talking about making changes in our lives. If we don't change patterns nothing will happen. We need to move forward and make a decision not to waver anymore.
 
We came home and ate some chicken that I put in the crockpot in the morning. I just loved coming in hte door and smelling a meal waiting for us. Don't know why I dont do that every Sunday?
 
So let's get to this card I posted today. I just got this fairy silhouette image. It's from Great Impressions Stamps - F411.
 
I found the perfect paper in my stash to make this card. The paper is from Basic Grey - the "Indian Summer" collection. The piece that I used to stamp my image had a misty look to it. Like it was in a glen in the forest. So right for my fairy. I stamped the image in melon mambo (bright pink) ink.
 
My card layout is from the sketch challenge #399 on Splitcoaststampers.
The first background piece is from the same patterned paper collection and it had that same forest look to me.
I added a butterfly cut from a Cheery Lynn Designs die and 2 punched from a Martha Stewart butterfly punch.

My card base is early espresso and I layered the Indian Summer dp on this base. This Basic Grey designer paper is a great match for Stampin-Up's early espresso, melon mambo, rich razzleberry and crushed curry. If you have any of it in your stash.

My sentiment is from the MFP set - "oopsie daisy". I stamped in early espresso ink. I edged this sentiment panel with a scallop border punch from SU.

I am giving this card to my neighbor who has a fairy garden in her yard. It is so cute. There is a walking path with lots of plants and the cutest liitle accessories.

That's my card for today. So until next time.........God bless.
 
Some other challenges:
1.  Challenges 4 Everybody has an anything goes.
2.   Basic Grey has an anything goes challenge. I used Indian Summer desinger paper.
3.  Sugar Creek Hollow has a fairies or angels challenge with a vintage or shabby chic theme.
4.  Poodles Parlour has a winged things challenge.
5.  C.R.A.F.T. has a fairies challenge.

14 comments:

  1. Lol...enjoy those beautiful Pittsburgh days! DD lived there for a few years, and I know what's right around the corner :) Glad you had a good service this morning - makes you feel good all week long, doesn't it? Great card, Mary! Your neighbor will love the card, and cherish the fact that you took time to make it just for her! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us this week over at CRAFT Challenges. Your fairy card is stunning and the image is soooo cute

    Good luck

    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colours Mary! thank you so much for sharing with us at "Challenges4Everybody".
    good luck! - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card. I love the idea of a silhouette image for a busy DSP background. That's a wonderful way to use pretty papers. I'm a big fan of the crock pot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card I love the layout and image. The colour is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Poodles Parlour and Good Luck with the challenge
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! That image is just magical and so pretty. Love the butterflies on here too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mary, what a cute card. I love the magical feel to the card and the subtle use of colour around the image contrasting with the bolder DP behind.
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week. Hope we see you again soon.
    Good luck
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Mary! I love the soft colors and the sweet fairy image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, this is so pretty and sounds just perfect for your neighbor. I love the silhouette and gorgeous papers used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your paper is perfect for this lovely fairy image Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey Challenges. Hugs Mieko

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a lovely card love the papers so glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! The papers make the perfect woodland setting for your little fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great card i just love the silhouette...wonderful thanks for joining us this week at sch...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails