Wednesday, August 15, 2012

In The Meadow

Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. I cant believe how fast this summer is flying by. My grandsons start back to school in about 2 1/2 weeks.

They have had so many activities and games that they were involved in this summer. Which is the reason that I think it's gone so fast. Many of my days with them have been dropping this one off and picking another one up and then actually going to the baseball games.

My time with them is so precious . I love the individual relationship I have with each of them. It's one of those reflective  days, I suppose.

Anyway onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #388 on Splitcoaststampers. Vicki was our hostess and she had a blue challenge. Tempting turquoise, pacific point, and night of navy were her color palette choices.

I decided to make a Christmas card with these colors. My snowman image is the Great Impressions stamp – G289.

Stamped the image and then paper pieced their scarves, hats and boots with all 3 of the challenge colors. I fussy cut the snowman to layer on the card.

My card base is night of navy and I embossed it with a Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. I added 2 white Stampin-Up felt flurry snowflakes to the base.

I used some PaperTrey Ink dies – “in the meadow collection” and cut the snow bank as well as the little downhill sledder (pacific point). The sentiment and night of navy snowflakes are from this same “in the meadow set”.

Well that's it for me today. So until next time.........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1. Celebrate The Occasion blog has a Christmas in August challenge.
2.  Deep Ocean Challenge has a deep blue challenge.
3.  My Time to Craft has a Christmas in August challenge.
4.  Christmas Card Challenge wants us to use texture on our cards.




15 comments:

  1. Love all the blue and this cute scene with the snowmen! Very pretty, Mary, and puts me in the mood fro Christmas now!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scene you have created for your snowmen!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable card, Mary! Love those snowmen, very pretty arrangement. Enjoy your grandchildren while they are young and still need rides!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I love all the snowflakes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Celebrate The Occasion.

    Tonya
    CTO DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love your card!! the snowmen are adorable and all the textrue is awesome. thanks for joining us in this weeks CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card Mary! A little bit of snow on this hot summer, wow!

    Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean this forthnight.

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love those 3 snow guys! And the snowflakes all around! Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, this is adorable, Mary!!!!! What darling little snowmen and I love the diecut details!!!! I have been playing around with some winter cards the last couple of days...it hasen't made me a bit cooler...LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow- this is such a fun card. TFS with us at CTO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO this week, Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sledding silhouette with the adorable snowmen, so cute! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Christmas in August" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling card!
    I love the little scene you've created, complete with the little girl sledding :)
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww... there's that sweet sledder again and love those snowmen too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely creation, thanks for sharing at MTTC, x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails