Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Balloons


Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life blog. Hope you all had a great weekend.

Yesterday, I went to a bridal shower for a young woman in our church. The tradition here in Pittsburgh is playing games and if you win a nice gift is usually yours. I won a tea gift basket.

It was really a great gift. Two different types of teas- a Tazo tea- and some Bentley tea in a wood box-a tea kettle-some chocolate hazelnut pirouettes-oven mitt and potholder-and it was packed in a beautiful basket. I was excited for sure.

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for another one of the fan club challenges on Splitcoaststampers. Actually this one fit into 3 of the challenge categories.  Susan (aka rainy) hosted a sketch challenge, Julie (aka jmasse) hosted a color challenge and Judy (aka stampingqueenjar) hosted an inspiration challenge.

I used the Stampin-Up set - "party this way" to create a birthday card. The balloon images and sentiment are stamped in lucky limeade. I cut out 2 of them and popped one of them up on dimensionals.

For my background daffodil delight layer, I used the cuttlebeug birthday embossing folder for some texture. My 3 rectangle panels are lucky limeade designer paper.

The rectangle panel across the center is more lucky limeade designer paper. I used a Spellbinder scalloped rectangle die and cut it in wisteria wonder to frame my image and sentiment panels.

I punched out 3 wisteria wonder circles to complete my card. Well that's it for me today so until next time.........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Make My Monday color wheel challenge - split complimentary colors.
2.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes challenge #145.
3.  Polka Doodles has a celebration challenge.
4.  Wags 'n Whiskers has a birthday challenge.






10 comments:

  1. I think this is amazing! LOVE your dry embossed panel and the layout is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome thanks for joining in with us over at Crafty Catz hug sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card. Wonderful embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for joining us at the Crafty Catz Anything Goes Challenge with this superb creation,

    I do hope you will come on over and join in the fun with us again next week,

    Have a lovely day
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun birthday card Mary. Love the balloons and the embossed background panel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - thanks for joining in this week's MMM challenge - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the balloons and the embossing on this!! Another wonderful card!
    That is an awesome prize!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your panelled effect and the colours fit our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at MMM. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining us at MMm with this fabulous card
    suzi b :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation with the colour wheel challenge requirements.
    Thanks for entering and good luck!
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails