Friday, September 27, 2024

Celebrate

Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

I am guest designing today with the Creative Creases Blog. It's a challenge where you create a fun fold card using any products you like. Debbie Mageed is the hostess of the challenge. If you like creating fun fold designs this challenge is definitely for you. The team members and guest designers have some great samples for cards, so check it out.

For my card, I created a book binding fold. This fun fold card has a unique “book spine” that’s simple to create. It's only two simple scores lines create this unique fold. If you want to see a video creating this fun fold- click here. 

Design Steps:

Start with a piece of cardstock that measures 4 1/4" x 11". Then on the 11" side you score at 4" and at 5 1/2".


Then fold in half on the 5 1/2" scoreline. Then fold back on the 4" scoreline and you have created your fold. I have indicated where you add your score tape, but I didn't do that step until after I added my ribbon and card front. 
  
Next you attach your favorite designer paper and add stamps or dies. For my card I used the contents of the Paper Pumpkin Kit "time for cake". Instead of following the kit instructions, I decided to create an alternative style card. 

I cut one of the petal pink kit envelopes apart and used that for my background and also the book spine. Background piece measures 3 3/4" x 4" and the book spine piece measures 1 1/4" x 4". The image panel is a card base from the kit. I cut the base to measure 3 1/2" x 3 3/4". I used navy blue ribbon and secured it behind the spine area. 



To finish off my card front, I added a die cut celebrate phrase. It's cut in petal pink and moody mauve using a die from CottageCutz. I scattered a few moody mauve enamel dots. 



When the card is opened, it looks as if it’s hinged, revealing the inside greeting. The stamps are from the "time for cake" kit as is the candle. 
Well, that's it for me for this post. Make sure you check out the other fun folds on the Creative Crease Blog. So until next time......God bless.

Card Details:
Paper: White, Paper Pumpkin Kit August 2024 (Stampin' Up)
Ink: night of navy (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Night of Navy Ribbon, Moody Mauve enamel dots (Stampin' Up)
Techniques: Book Binding
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Gals Corner is anything goes w/optional to add ribbon. 
2Creative Fingers is anything goes. 
3.  Fab 'n' Funky wants us to add gems or pearls.
4.  Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes challenge. 
5.  Seize the Birthday is anything goes + optional phrase "celebrate".
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails