Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Climbing Roses

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Hope your Fall season is going well. I just changed the decorations out in my home last week and converted over to Fall. I will leave these up until Thanksgiving and then convert over to Christmas. Can't believe that I am mentioning Christmas, but it is October. 

My card today is one I made for the color challenge #1018 on Splitcoaststampers. Our color trio was 
pretty in pink, berry burst and granny apple green for the color trio. Optional was to make it summer.

What could be more summer than roses? They are still blooming nicely in my hubby's garden. So, I decided to put roses on a birthday card for my neighbor who loves to garden as much as my hubby does. She celebrates in a couple of weeks. And her daughters are having a surprise birthday party for her. 
pretty in pink, berry burst, granny apple green

I used the Climbing Rose multi-layer stencil from The Ton Stamps. I stenciled with spun sugar, pretty in pink and berry burst for the rose image. The leaves are stenciled in granny apple green and mossy meadow (an allowed neutral in this challenge).

Used the accompanying rose die to cut my image. For the card background I added a trellis cut in berry burst. I did the die inlay technique fora few of the trellis panels just for added interest. Stamped my birthday sentiment to complete my card.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless.

Card Details:
Stamps: Charming Sentiments (Stampin' Up)
Paper: white, berry burst (Stampin' Up), bristol smooth (Strathmore)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: pretty in pink, berry burst, granny apple green, mossy meadow (Stampin' Up), spun sugar distress (Ranger)
Accessories: climbing rose stencil & dies (The Ton Stamps), sentiments die (Stampin' Up), trellis background die (CottageCutz)
Techniques: stenciling

I am also entering:
1.  Beautiful Blossoms challenge is anything goes with florals. 
2.  Die Cut Divas has an anything goes for world card making day.
3.  The Flower Challenge wants us to add a stencil.  
4.  Triple B Challenge is anything goes with, birds, butterflies and/or blooms. 
5.  A Place to Start has an anything goes using pink. 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful!! Thanks for playing along our October challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails