Friday, October 25, 2024

Harvest Blessings

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this last Friday in October. 

Wow this month just flew by. Soon we will be celebrating Thanksgiving and then onto Christmas. I have been making my Thanksgiving cards and the one I am showing today is another one of those. It's somewhat of non-traditional colors for a Thanksgiving card but I like how it turned out.

I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #1021. They are pretty peacock, pool party and lost lagoon for the color trio.


pretty peacock, pool party, lost lagoon

Optional is anything goes. I took some liberty, and I chose Fall for the optional. That way I was able to add some fall colors for my trees to create a Fall scene.

I stenciled background clouds in broken china distress ink using an MFT stencil. I used Bristol smooth card stock for the background. I find it blends much smoother than other white cardstock I have tried. 

Cut my houses in pretty peacock and used lost lagoon cardstock for the house trim. The house des are from CottageCutz. 

I punched some tree trunks and used a cloud die for the tree foliage. I sponged wild honey, spiced marmalade and fired brick distress inks. For the hills I used mossy meadow designer paper.

Stamped my sentiments to complete my card. Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time.......God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: bountiful harvest (Verve), holiday home (PTI)
Paper: pretty peacock, lost lagoon, so saffron, soft suede, beauty of the earth dsp (Stampin' Up), bristol smooth (Canson)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: pretty peacock (Stampin' Up), wild honey distress, spiced marmalade distress, fired brick distress, broken china distress (ranger)
Accessories: winter village die, stitched cloud die (CottageCutz), tree punch (paper Shapers), mini cloud stencil (MFT), stitched hills border die (Lawn Fawn)
I am also entering:
1.  Just Add Ink has a stenciling challenge.
2.  C.R.A.F.T. challenge is anything goes. 
3.  Craft Rocket challenge is Autumn or Halloween.
4Just Us Girls has a stencil challenge. 
5.  Crazy is our Fame-Stencils are our game has a stencil challenge. 
 



1 comment:

  1. OH WOW! What a fun & fabulous scene you have created Mary ... love it!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Stencil Fun Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails