Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Scarecrow in the Pumpkin Patch

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's a beautiful sunny and warm day here in the Pittsburgh area. A bit unusual for us this time of year but I love it! It's one of those days when you feel like you could accomplish so much. 

I went for a 35 minute walk this morning. Then made a quick trip to Trader Joe's. Put together some guacamole for my hubby. He likes this as an afternoon snack, and I have a delicious recipe. I cleaned my kitchen, sorted laundry, changed bedsheets and now I am writing up this Blog post. 

It's been a while since I have posted here on my Blog but it's not like I haven't been creating. We are coming into my fave time of year with Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I have lots of cards to make. The card I am showing today is one of my Thanksgiving cards.

I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #1017. We were to use crushed curry, old olive and poppy parade for the color trio. Optional this week is a 4th color. I chose pecan pie for the 4th color.
crushed curry, old olive, poppy parade

I thought these colors were perfect for a Fall themed card. I started my card by embossing the background with the pumpkin harvest embossing folder from Cuttlebug. An older one for sure, but I still like the design of it. 

Then I went to work on my pumpkin patch scene. My scarecrow is cut in the challenge colors plus chocolate chip (a retired neutral). It's a die from CottageCutz. I think he has the cutest face. 

My sunflowers and pumpkins are cut in crushed curry and shaded with the same ink plus spiced marmalade distress ink. They are also dies from CottageCutz.

To complete my scene, I added a sun die cut. And that's my post for today. So until next time.....God bless. 

Card Details:
Paper: crushed curry, poppy parade, old olive, crumb cake, pecan pie, choc chip (Stampin' Up), chantilly cream (MFT)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: crushed curry, crumb cake (Stampin' Up), spiced marmalade distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Fall Scarecrow, Fall Gate w/Flowers, Stitched Sun dies (CottageCutz). Pumpkin Harvest EF (Cuttlebug)

I am also entering:
1. A Cut Above is anything goes with a die cut.  I used several. 
2 Aud Sentiments has an embossing, Fall + a sentiment challenge. 
3.  Double Trouble has a Fall Bat color challenge (green, red, yellow)+ option of a Fall die. 
4.  Die Cut Divas has an anything goes challenge using a die cut or embossing.
5.  The Four Seasons Challenge is anything goes with a Fall theme.   

4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable!! Love all of the warm colors and different fall details, especially the sign post. Great embossed background. Thanks for sharing at A Cut Above's October, "Double, Triple the Die Cut Fun" Challenge partnering with the Double Trouble Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, what an adorable fall card! You did a wonderful job shading the die cut pieces to give them dimension!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and creative talents with us at Double Trouble for our "bat color" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely awesome Thanksgiving card Mary! Love the embossed background and all the cute elements in this scene are fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Four Seasons Challenge Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great embossed background for the Fall scene you created with all the cute die cuts... the scarecrow is adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and A Cut Above.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails