Monday, September 2, 2024

Celebrate You

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first Monday in September.

It's the Labor Day holiday here in the US. We had a laid back kind of day. I was in my craft room creating a card for this week's color challenge on Splitcoaststampers and hubby was out working in his yard. 

We had an easy dinner. I made burgers and hubby roasted some of his green beans from his garden. That's really the only vegetable he grew this year. He is getting quite good at preparing the green beans. The burgers I serve with veggies that I sauté in olive oil- mushrooms, onion and red peppers. It's like getting a burger in a nice restaurant. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #CC1013. We were to use peach pie, boho blue and petunia pop for our colors. Optional was a die cut or punch.

For my card I started with the background. I stenciled the daisies using a multi-layer stencil from The Ton Stamps using petunia pop, peek-a-boo peach, mossy meadow and lost shadow inks. These last 2 colors are allowed neutrals in this challenge.

I die cut the arch and birthday phrase from petunia pop cardstock. Stamped my sentiment in petunia pop ink and scattered a few boho blue dots to complete my card.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time ......God Bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: painted petals (Stampin' Up PP Kit July 2024)
Paper: petunia pop, (Stampin' Up), bristol smooth (Canson)
Ink: petunia pop, peek-a-boo peach, mossy meadow (Stampin' Up). lost shadow distress (Ranger)
Accessories: darling daisy stencil (The Ton), essential arches die (Spellbinders), happy birthday w/shadow die (CottageCutz), in-color dots (Stampin' Up))
Techniques: stenciling

I am also entering:
1.  A Cut Above challenge is using a die cut with anything goes. Option monochromatic.
2Beautiful Blossoms is anything goes with an optional mood board. 
3.  Allsorts Challenge wants us to use a sentiment or anything goes. 
4.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge. 
5.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge 


4 comments:

  1. A lovely floral card, the arch is so effective, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge and adding a sentiment.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! The stenciled daisies are amazing. Nice dimension with the window arch. I love that shadowed sentiment die cut. Thanks for sharing at A Cut Above's Anything Goes with Monochromatic Option Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely floral design this is. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stenciled daisies are spectacular, they look like designer series paper! Lovely card Mary, Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and best of luck in the draw.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails