Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Celebrate with Wildflowers

Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's been a great couple of days weather wise here. The air is a bit cooler, and I have my windows open to let in some fresh air. I was able to do that for a few days this billing cycle to save a bit  on my electric bill. The bill dropped $60 which is good for any budget. 

My hubby's flower garden is in full bloom. He just cut some of the blooms today and we have such a beautiful bouquet right from the garden. I love it when we can do that. Another way to save money so I am not buying bouquets from Trader Joe's (LOL)!

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #1014. We were to use white, black and crumb cake (kraft). Optional is to add some bling.

Well, the colors were a bit of a challenge to me. Then I decided to use some allowed neutrals on my card, and it came together for me. I used blackberry bliss and mossy meadow and created a mini slimline design.

My background is crumb cake designer paper from the Stampin' Up "perfectly artistic" collection. I embossed the paper using the fancy fan embossing folder. I like the white swirls on the paper.

Then for my flowers, (which is where the challenge came in) I decided to use mossy meadow as a die inlay technique for the leaves and blackberry bliss designer paper for the flower centers. Since there is gold swirling through this paper pattern, I am counting this as my bling. The designer paper is from the Stampin' Up "blackberry beauty" collection.

To finish off my card, I added some greenery to the corners and the celebrate phrase is in black and crumb cake.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 

Card Details:
Paper: Black, crumb cake, mossy meadow, white, blackberry beauty dsp, perfectly artistic dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: 3.5" x 6"
Accessories: fancy fan embossing folder (Stampin' Up), folk art flowers die, celebrate w/shadow die (CottageCutz)
Techniques: slimline card
I am also entering:
1.  Beautiful Blossoms Challenge is anything floral goes.
2.  Crafts Galore Encore is anything goes. 
3.  Girlz Creative Fun Art of Scrap is anything goes with patterned paper. 
4.  Love to Craft Challenge #82 is anything goes. 
5.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends challenge is anything goes. 
 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails