Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Harvest Blessings

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

Hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of the summer season before we enter Fall. It's sunny and warm here today with low humidity. Just a perfect summer day. When I finish this post, I am headed off to a local Farmer's Market. I am picking up some local produce since my hubby let his vegetable garden rest this year. 

We do have lots of beautiful flowers blooming so I have fresh bouquet's every several days. His dahlias have been spectacular this year and so large. The colors are also amazing. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #1016 on Splitcoaststampers. The color trio was cajun craze, wild wheat and gorgeous grape. Optional was to make an Autumn card.

cajun craze, wild wheat, gorgeous grape

I was all over the place creating this card. I kept thinking of a sunflower card and after several attempts that I didn't like I came up with a design.

I used designer paper from the Stampin' Up "Thoughtful Journey" collection. It has the cajun craze and wild wheat color in this pattern. I cut away the top portion of the paper and left the bottom for a harvest meadow scene.

Cut the bottom layer of my sunflowers in cajun craze cardstock. For the top layer I cut with Bristol smooth cardstock and sponged cajun craze ink to achieve a lighter look.

The fox is cut in both cajun craze and crumb cake cardstocks. He is sporting a scarf in gorgeous grape. The pumpkins are fussy cut from more designer paper. It's the Stampin' Up "Painted Autumn" collection. I have so much designer paper and yet every time Stampin' Up comes out with new patterns I buy them (lol)!

I finished off my card with my sentiment stamped in gorgeous grape ink and scattered a few gorgeous grape enamel dots.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time......God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: Bountiful Harvest (Verve)
Paper: very vanilla, cajun craze, gorgeous grape, crumb cake, mossy meadow, thoughtful journey dsp, painted autumn dsp (Stampin' Up), Bristol Smooth (Canson)
Paper Size: 4 3/4" x 5 3/4"
Ink: cajun craze, gorgeous grape (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Sunflower , Autumn Friends dies (CottageCutz), gorgeous grape enamel dots (Stampin' Up)

I am also entering:
1.  Shopping our Stash wants us to think about what's in our stash. I confess designer paper. 
2.  Stamps & Fun =Creativity has an anything goes challenge. 
3Crafty Animals is anything goes with an animal. 
4.  Triple B - is anything goes with birds, blooms or butterflies
5.  Allsorts challenge is Autumn colors or anything goes. 


3 comments:

  1. Very prettily designed Mary, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts Autumnal challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a lovely colourful autumn scene. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card and beautiful autumn colours too. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails