Monday, August 12, 2024

Let's Celebrate You

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Wow -  I can't believe it's been a month since I have posted on my Blog. It's not like I haven't been creating. I did take part in the Christmas in July challenges on Splitcoaststampers, but I just didn't post the designs on my Blog. I will do that probably starting in October or maybe earlier. 

It's been quite a hot summer here in Pittsburgh and little to no rain. But the past few days have cooled off considerably and I have my windows open to let the fresh air come through the house. 

Hope you all had a great weekend! We went to a pig roast on Saturday night. My next-door neighbor had a get together and it was a fun night. Then on Sunday I went to a scrapbooking class. 

We made a 8x8 travel book which I will give to my granddaughter for Christmas. She was in London for a week this summer with my daughter-in-law and her other grandmother. It was fun to put the album together and now I just need the photos to insert to the album.

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #1012 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use pool party, balmy blue and calypso coral for our color trio

For my card I used the contents of the July 2024 Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin. I cut the card base to use just the front portion and layered that on a calypso coral card base.

The die cut flowers were part of the kit. I added a piece of pool party designer paper and layered my sentiment on top. The sentiment is stamped in balmy blue ink.

This card is for my DIL who celebrates her birthday this month. So, I decided to die cut the August phrase in balmy blue cardstock. Finished off my card with a few calypso coral enamel dots.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: painted Petals (July 2024 Paper Pumpkin)
Paper: calypso coral, balmy blue, pool party dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: balmy blue (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: July 2024 Paper Pumpkin KIt, calypso coral enamel dots (Stampin' Up), calendar months die (CottageCutz)

I am also entering:
1.  Beautiful Blossoms is anything goes w/optional mood board.
2The Four Seasons Challenge is anything goes summer.
3.  Triple B Challenge is bird, blooms or butterflies.
4.  Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 
5.  Allsorts Challenge is Summer days or anything goes. 
6 Polkadoodles Challenge is anything goes.

 

7 comments:

  1. The July PP kit has some gorgeous florals! Your card is so pretty Mary and Thanks for sharing at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope to see you again next challenge.
    Donna xx
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't opened my kit yet, but have sure seen some beautiful creations!
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I really wish we could get Paper Pumpkin kits here in the UK.

    Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossom Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the watercolor look of the flower and your card is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts and Four Seasons challenges!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mary, this is just gorgeous! LOVE the colors and the design is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons & Triple B Challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mary, this is so so pretty! Love the design and the color on the flowers is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B & Four Seasons challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary! These flowers are SO life-like and stunning. Great colors as well. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome Summer card with us at The Four Seasons. Your art is always very much appreciated and we sure hope that you will join us again soon.

    For another FUN challenge, I run a Christian Challenge Blog, Word Art Wednesday, and I would LOVE to have you come share your art with us there as well. We have awesome PRIZES and always Anything Goes/Family Friendly theme. Please stop by and join us. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    Karen L, DT at The Four Seasons
    Owner, Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails