Tuesday, July 9, 2024

If You Were A Cactus

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Hope you are enjoying the summer season. We have been having some really hot and humid weather here. As is most of the country I suppose. We have had temps in the 90° range. Today it's 95° and very humid.  But the hot, sunny days are good for the farmers. We just need some rain. Although when the humidity rises, we get pop-up showers. 

My neighbor has a pool, and we are free to use it whenever we want. My hubby usually goes over after he has been working in his gardens. Today would have been a good day for me but I decided to work on some Christmas cards. I am submitting them to a magazine that has a publication call. 

But, before I start those Christmas cards, I have this cactus one to post. I made this for the inspiration challenge #969. We were directed us to the Twig and Tweed site for inspiration.
I chose this Saturn Pot for my inspiration. The cactus stood out to me.

I used a cactus die from CottageCutz to create my card. I think this one will be for my hubby for our anniversary. It's later this year.

The cacti are cut in Stampin' Up's call me clover cardstock, the teacups in petunia pop. I placed them on a shelf. The background brick wall paper is from Michael's. I used a sentiment from MFT to complete my card.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time ......God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: Let's Stick Together (MFT)
Paper: berry burst, petunia pop, smoky slate, call me clover, basic gray (Stampin' Up), white bricks dsp (recollections)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: teacup garden dies (CottageCutz)
I am also entering:
1.  Crafts Galore Encore has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Love to Craft has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends is anything goes. 
4.  Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 
5.  Allsorts Challenge is a romantic occasion or anything goes. 
6.  Crafty Calendar wants us to add a sentiment. 
7.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge. 


6 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful card, love the brick wall background and the cacti are so fun!
    Good luck with the Christmas card submission to the magazine!
    And thanks so much for sharing this week at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, I love your row of cacti and the sweet sentiment. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card the background is perfect for the cacti thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colours and nice design, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card and I love the sentiment. Thank you for sharing at the Polkadoodles challenge blog.
    Hugs, Christine DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and I love that sentiment too!

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails