Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Paper Hugs

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

My CA kids just finished up their visit here in Pittsburgh. It was a wonderful family time. We had our family reunion on June 22 with 50 in attendance. That was also a great family time. 

Then last night we were at our Pittsburgh son's home for a family dinner. My daughter-in-law is a fabulous cook and she served Greek grilled chicken thighs, zucchini tian w/rice. I brought a Greek salad and appetizers of hummus, baba ghanoush, stuffed grape leaves and pita bread. There is a great Lebanese grocery near my home where I bought the apps. 

We just took the CA kids to the airport to send them back to CA. I am planning a trip out there in October and then they come back here for Christmas. So, in the next 6 months I will get to see them twice.  

Now onto my card for today. This one I made using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #1005. We were to use petal pink, flirty flamingo and old olive for the color trio. Optional was to add butterflies. 

petal pink, flirty flamingo, old olive
I needed a card of encouragement for a friend who is going through a rough time right now. So, I thought I would send her some paper hugs. I tried a new to me technique called a braided card. Here is a link to see how it's done + a template to cut the braid.

My braided card base is in the petal pink. I used the Folk Art Flower Pot die from CottageCutz for my image and the Hugs w/Shadow die for the sentiment.

To finish off my card I added a few butterflies and some flirty flaming enamel dots. Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time.......God bless.

Card Details:
Paper: Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive, White, Brights DSP (Stampin'Up)
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: Folk Art Flower Pot, Hugs w/Shadow dies (CottageCutz), Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Rainbow adhesive dots (Stampin' Up)
Techniques: Braided Card
I am also entering:
1.  Path of Positivity is anything goes w/option of power of words.
2.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Creative Fingers has a fabulous florals challenge.
4Allsorts challenge has a blooms, bees or butterflies challenge.
5Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge.    




4 comments:

  1. It's such a pretty and fresh design. Your description of the food made my mouth water! Thanks for taking part at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spotted your card on Lil Patch of Crafty Friends challenge and had to come visit you. Your card is so cute. I have never tried the braided technique. Looks amazing!
    Hope you have a wonderful week full of smiles!

    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card with the braided edge! Great die cuts and colors making this a lovely spring/summer card! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! Katrina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails