Sunday, June 16, 2024

Father's Day Campout



Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

It's Father's Day and we are having our Pittsburgh son here for dinner. I am serving cedar plank grilled salmon, filet mignon steaks, twice baked potatoes and grilled asparagus ravioli. I also have appetizers. 
Lots of food and if we have leftovers, I will have dinner for tomorrow. Highly unlikely though. My hubby and son like to eat. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #1004. We were to use lemon-lime twist, melon mambo and pumpkin pie for the color trio. Optional was to make it a birthday card.

I decided to go with a Father's Day theme card. So, I skipped the option.
lemon-lime twist, melon mambo, pumpkin pie

I created this one for a close friend who loves the outdoors and their camp in the woods. A card with cute critters in an outdoor scene is perfect for him.

The background designer paper had the challenge colors or close to it. It's from the Stampin' Up "thoughtful Journey" collection. To get a deeper shade on the fox and the fire, I cut in pumpkin pie cardstock and shaded with pumpkin pie and spiced marmalade inks.

I cut the deer image in pecan pie cardstock and added the Father's Day sign in lemon-lime twist to complete this card.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time......God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: man of the hour (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: mossy meadow, lemon-lime twist, pumpkin pie, ivory, pecan pie, soft suede, thoughtful journey dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: pumpkin pie, choc chip (Stampin' Up), sand beige (Tsukineko)
Accessories: campin' out dies, deer under mistletoe die (CottageCutz)
 
I am also entering:
1.  Allsorts challenge is masculine or anything goes. 
2.  Crafting Happiness has a camping challenge.
3Sweet Stampin' has a Father's Day challenge.  
4.  Aloha Friday has a masculine challenge. 
5.  Crafty Catz is anything goes w/option to make it masculine. 






2 comments:

  1. lots of lovely details on this male card, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely scene. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails