Friday, March 3, 2023

Ewe and Me....Forever

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

We moved the calendar to March and soon we will be pushing the clocks forward and entering into Spring. Here in Pittsburgh, we haven't had much of a winter. Hardly any snow but we did have cold weather. 

Over Christmas it was bitter cold and lots of people had frozen pipes. But since then, it's not even been that cold. Maybe we will get snow this month. It has happened before in previous years. 

Now onto my cards for today. These cards were made for Valentine's Day but with the sentiment they could easily be used for an anniversary card. 
My first card I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #931. We were to use soft succulent, calypso coral & petal pink for our color trio. Optional is sequins or gems as an embellishment.


calypso coral, soft succulent, petal pink

I decided to try and make a Valentine with these non-traditional colors. I like how it turned out. I don't own petal pink cardstock, so I subbed it with pretty in pink.

My background xoxo die is from Lawn Fawn. I cut in white and layered on the pink cardstock and then did the die inlay technique using soft succulent on the xoxo's.

My sentiment is from Darcie's Stamps. On the cute little lambs, I added some fun flock to the "fur" on the top of their heads.

I finished off this card by scattering a few soft succulent opal rounds.
Stamps: G-4209 (Darcie's Stamps)
Paper: pretty in pink, basic white, smoky slate, basic gray, soft succulent, calypso coral (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: fun flock (Stampendous), xoxo backdrop die (Lawn Fawn), spring sheep die (CottageCutz), in-color opal rounds (Stampin' Up)

This card was the one I gave to my hubby for Valentine's Day. My Background paper is from the Stampin' Up "sweet talk" collection. I used highland heather cardstock for my base. 

Next, I cut my sheep in shades of light and gray cardstock. For their furry heads I used fun flock. You can't really tell on the photo but IRL - its fluffy and adds a bit of dimension and interest.

I wanted a large heart to place the sheep in and also for stamping my sentiment. Stamped my sentiment with the help of my stamp-a-ma-jig in red ink. To finish off my card I added a few heart enamel dots.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless. 

I am also entering:

1.  Alphabet Challenge is "X" is for xoxoxo. 
3.  Crafts Galore Encore is anything goes. 
4.  Crafty Animals Challenge #70 is anything goes with an animal. 
5Critter Crazy Challenge is anything goes with a featured critter. 

4 comments:

  1. Both versions of your card are fabulous, ewe are fabulous too! Thanks for sharing your sheep at Critter Crazy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.. I love this card. the Ewes are darling, great background paper and the sentiment is awesome. Thanks for sharing over at Alphabet challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created wonderful love-inspired cards, I'm amazed by how well you put those untraditional colours into use. The combination of pink and green is just as beautiful as those purple & red hearts. The sheep make such a great motif, and I can absolutely see the fluff. I like the tiny bow on the sheep lady - such a cute little detail. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, I love your sheep. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails