Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Easter Stained Glass Cross

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Well, we are already halfway through the month of March. It has come in like a lion and hopefully it goes out like a lamb as the proverbial saying goes. We had snow a couple of days this week. That was a surprise since we didn't get much at all this winter. 

My hubby has already started his seedlings for his gardens. He has lots of stuff under the grow lights in the basement. Not sure what it all is but I do look forward to the vegetable gardens and the subsequent harvest. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #937. We were to use so saffron, parakeet party and orchid oasis. Optional was to add a 4th color. I used polished pink. 
so saffron, parakeet party, orchid oasis

I decided to go with an Easter theme for my card. I used the Stained-Glass Cross die from Taylored Expressions.

I cut the image once in white and then again in all the challenge colors. Pieced in the die cuts for the stained-glass look. On this one I used an orchid oasis card base.

Used white glitter cardstock and cut just the cross image and then popped it up over the first cross.

The He is Risen phrase is a die from Frantic Stamper and the Tulips are a die from CottageCutz. I layered them over a piece of vellum because they seemed to be competing with the background. I thought the vellum is a nice separation.

Finished off this card by adding a few orchid oasis enamel dots.

I had a lot of pieces left over from my first card, so I decided to make another. I just pieced in what colors I had left. I switched it up a bit and used a white card base on this one. 

The Easter phrase and Tulips are dies from CottageCutz. Finished off my card by adding a few polished pink jewels.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 

I am also entering:

1.  Double D Challenge is Easter. 
2.  Allsorts Challenge is a trio of something. I have 3 tulips and 3 pink enamel jewels.
3.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes w/optional of Spring. 
4.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
5Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday is anything goes. 

8 comments:

  1. A stunning Easter card, Mary! You have great patience in piecing in - and two cards with the cuts! Both really beautiful and the pink does take that up a level. Thank you for sharing your project at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a wonderful Easter card. Beautiful colours and so neatly done. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing die and you've used it to such great effect. The colours are fabulous and the vellum and tulips are a wonderful addition. Stained-Glass Cross die from Taylored Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Easter cards. I especially like the way you used white glitter cardstock to add dimension to the cross. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really beautiful traditional Easter card and gorgeous colors! Yes, the month seems to be flying by. I started with my seedlings this week as well but only a small tray of tomato and pepper plants. I'm not too good at gardening so I keep it small.
    Thanks so much for sharing with month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge as well as Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a BEAUTIFUL creation Mary! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh this is stunning! you put so much work into this magnificent traditional Easter card, Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge, we hope you will join us again.
    Happy Crafting
    Bridget CCDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous stained glass window design. Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails