Saturday, March 4, 2023

Baking Mice

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first Saturday in March. Another weekend is upon us and hopefully a crafty one for you. 

Today I was organizing one of the bedroom closets and I happened to notice a scrapbook that I started for my oldest son about 15 years ago. Yikes- I don't know why I never completed it. But my goal now is to complete this book for him. I would like to give it to him for Father's Day. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #917 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use bermuda bay, parakeet party and highland heather for our color trio. 
bermuda bay, parakeet party, highland heather

For my card I used a CottageCutz Christmas die (Christmas Baking Mice) and turned it into a birthday card. My next door neighbor is an avid baker so this card is perfect for her. She loved the card by the way. 

I stenciled a brick wall background with peacock feathers distress ink - it's a close match to bermuda bay.

I cut the baking mice in the challenge colors and some allowed neutrals. I used some older Stampin' Up designer paper the- "wood textures" collection for the wood floor. The Happy Birthday sentiment is also a die from CottageCutz- Happy Birthday w/Shadow die.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 

Card Details:

Paper: bristol Smooth cardstock (Canson), bermuda bay, highland heather, parakeet party, basic white, kraft, ivory, choc chip, close to cocoa, wood textures dsp (Stampin' Up), gray (Bazzill)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: peacock feathers distress (Ranger)
Accessories: small brick stencil (MFT), Christmas Baking Mice die, Sentiments w/Shadow die (CottageCutz),
Techniques: stenciling

I am also entering:
1.  Creative Fingers Challenge #249 is anything goes. 
2Die Cut Divas has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 
4.  Craft Rocket Challenge is for the girls. Made this for my female neighbor.
5The Creative Crafter has an anything goes challenge. 





4 comments:

  1. So very sweet. Those mice are so cute. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our “Anything Goes” challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable baking mice, Mary! Thanks for sharing with the Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet card! Thanks for playing with us this March at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Mary. Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters (creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com).
    Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails