Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Easel Fold Congratulations

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog. 

Hope your day is going well and the March weather is good in your area. We have had sunshine for 4 days in a row. I mention it because that's unusual for the Pittsburgh area in the wintertime. It's still cold here but when the sun is shining it makes the cold bearable. 

We are still enjoying last summer's harvest from my hubby's gardens. I stuffed and froze lots of banana peppers. Pulled some of them out and roasted them along with some of my homemade marinara sauce. Then last night I made a homemade pizza with the marinara sauce. I buy dough from Trader Joe's and roll it out to make the crust. It turned out so good. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #936 on Splitcoaststampers. I was the hostess, and I chose blackberry bliss, bumblebee and mossy meadow for the color trio. Optional was to add flowers.  
blackberry bliss, bumblebee, mossy meadow

I decided to go with a fun fold design for my card. It's an easel card and there is a tutorial on SCS if you need the how to - click here. I made mine a bit larger than an A2 size card. I started with blackberry bliss cardstock measuring 4 1/2" x 11 1/2". I scored at 5 3/4" and then get the center point of the 5 3/4" part and score. Then the directions are the same from this point. 

For my background I used a card base from the Sweet Sunflowers Paper Pumpkin kit from Stampin' Up. I cut it apart and then layered with bumblee and blackberry bliss cardstock.

The inside of the card I layered with bumblee designer paper from the Stampin' Up "simply marbleous" collection.

My butterfly is cut in blackberry bliss cardstock and designer paper from the Stampin' Up "oh so ombre" collection. I used the same paper for the congratulations phrase. I was able to get a different gradient by using different sections of the designer paper.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time........God bless. 



card details:
Paper: blackberry bliss, bumblebee, simply marbleous dsp, oh so ombre dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Accessories: sweet sunflowers Paper Pumpkin Kit, bumblebee enamel dots (Stampin' Up) lisbeth butterfly, congratulations w.shadow die (CottageCutz)
Techniques: easel card
I am also entering:

1.  Shopping Our Stash challenge is flowers, flowers everywhere.  
2.  Triple B (new challenge) is all about birds, blooms and butterflies.
3.  Creative Creases Challenge #52 is anything goes with a fun fold. 
4.  Beautiful Blossoms has a say it with flowers challenge. Mood board is optional. 
5.  Love to Craft has an anything goes challenge. 


8 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card Mary and I love the color combination. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully created card, so full of pretty sunshiny colors!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons and Beautiful Blossoms!
    Diane FS Co-Owner and BB DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    {Triple B} NEW March 3rd
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful stop for your lovely easel card, Mary! Wonderful card! It's always fun seeing how crafters are inspired by the Mood Board at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers with us, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Hugs,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Mary, your easel card is so beautiful!! I just love the background. That's usually what I do with card kits - cut 'em up and get creative with them. Yours turned out perfectly! Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done an amazing job on this easel card! The details are just wonderful and I love the colors! Thanks for playing along with the new Triple B Challenge! (Carol, GD)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, I have to laugh. When I saw your beautiful easel card I said to myself, "self...why didn't you order the PP kit?" Then I went to my craft room closet and you guessed it...lo and behold, there it was on the shelf unopened. LOL! Thank you for playing at Creative Creases and for opening my eyes!!
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful show-stopper Mary. The colors you've chosen are perfect! Thank you for playing with us for Creative Creases #52.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Mary! It stands out in the Triple B gallery!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails